It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

autumn1985 HB User
sinus pain, neck pain and over heating

Hi, i hope someone can give me some information or ideas on my current situation. I have been to many doctors over the last year and none of them have ever made an effort to delve into my complaints more than just giving me antibiotics.

I had a sinus infection for around 6 weeks at the start of last year, my doctor didn't really know what was wrong with me, and not until i did some research of my own and thought it might be sinus and decided to go to a different doctor was i diagnosted with the sinus infection and given antibiotics.

i was fine for a short time after that, then following i regularly got sinus pains and sometimes it was worse then others.

Over the last 4 months around 5 times a week i would experience these sinus pains and the over heating began.

Over heating in my upper back, chest, neck, bottom of my scull where the neck joins and up through to my sinus area.

I could be as cold as in the rest of my body and still have this over heating in these areas. i can't where jumpers or tops that come to close to my neck without over heating even in the freezing cold

It has gotten worse and worse since it started and everytime i get any of this over heating, my sinus's flair up horribly and i get the most excrustating pain in my neck especially where my neck joins to my head.

I have found that going to the osteopath regularly heaps although two weeks ago i finially got to the doctor again after really bad sinus pains and she said i had another sinus infection gave me antibiotics and said to rest a lot. i had a week of work (holiday) and rested alot having atleast extra 3 hour naps everyday ontop of normal sleep hours and i felt okay coming back to work last week.

although i was experiencing this over heating it kept occuring everyday and giving me pains in my neck which altermately caused head aches and sinus pain began again.

so i decided to start taking my repeat of antibiotics incase the sinus hadn't completed subsided yet.

on wednesday night a became very ill and could hardly do anything when i woke on thursday i knew i couldn't go to work as i could hardly think or see and was in the worst pain i have had from the sinus yet. after sleeping all day over 11 hours extra i woke and felt fine for around 2 hours.

after being up and moving around for a while i began to over heat again and then felt as if i was going to throw up contantly, and had to go back to bed.

the next day i went to the doctor and she said that maybe my sinus was still blocked as i hadn't had that much mucus come out over the first week.

so i continued on my antibiotics although i seemed not to get better, over the weekend i was bed ridden and if i got up it would only be for 2 hours tops unless i carried a ice pack and put it on my neck this would by me some more time by cooling me down and stopping my over heating.

i have had glandular fever in the past and my glands are always up and i always have this horrible lingering neck pain in the back ground i wonder if any of this could be to do with my glands?

my sinus seems to have settled down now as i'm not bed ridden anymore although i have been carrying a ice pack with me everywhere to make sure i dont need to go to bed in a hurry.

if anyone has a thought or advise on my situation it would be great to here as i have kind of lost faith in going to the doctors as they haven''t really been willing to help to much

Kind regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread