It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

mmanion HB User
Xalatan drops for Glaucoma and "Sinus'" Headaches

Has anyone else experienced sinus-like headaches from using Xalatan drops? They are keeping my pressures down, but I have headaches nearly every day since I started using them a year ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
(male)

liveto100 HB User
Re: Xalatan drops for Glaucoma and "Sinus'" Headaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanion View Post
Has anyone else experienced sinus-like headaches from using Xalatan drops? They are keeping my pressures down, but I have headaches nearly every day since I started using them a year ago.
I'be been taking Xalatan in both eyes for around ten years now. Never had the slightest problem with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

mmanion HB User
Re: Xalatan drops for Glaucoma and "Sinus'" Headaches

Thanks. I read in the company's package insert that you are supposed to hold your tear ducts closed for several minutes after using the drops to keep them from backwashing. I tried it and it seemed to help a bit, but I'd say I still get a pretty severe sinus-y type headache every second or third day. Never had this until I started the drops. Maybe I'm having an individual sensitivity/reaction to them. My eyes also tear and water excessively after I use the drops--sometimes even til the next morning--so maybe I just need to find something else.

Closed Thread