It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
(male)

mole76 HB User
Sinus or Cold problem and thyroid problems

I have had this sinus/cold problem for almost 6 weeks now. I took 10 days worth of antibiotics, and they did jack squat. I have also taken Mucsonex and Tylenol cold/ sinus with no help. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on if there is anyway having thyroid issues could keep this from going away? I never get sick for this long, ever. This winter alone I have been sick 2 times for a very long time, both over a month. Is this just bad luck or could they be related? I have an appointment with an Internal Medicine doctor on Tuesday, I hope he can help with both problems...this is getting real old!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

KimberlyV HB User
Re: Sinus or Cold problem and thyroid problems

I'm glad you posted this. I keep having recurring sinus infections, despite several rounds of antibiotics. I am actually going through it right now, and I know my thyroid is out of whack. Going to doc on Monday, but I would love to hear any feedback on this issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

clueless42 HB User

Hey!
I had sinus problems for YEARS! Chronic sinus infections. I went to an alergist who sat me down and asked me a bunch of questions. One of those questions was if I or any family member had thyroid problems. My aunt had a nodule that got big so the removed a lobe. My mom became hyper (she does not know whenther or not she has graves) so they treated her with RAI. SO, the first thing he did for the exam was palpate my throid. He asked if I knew that my thyroid was enlarged and I said no. He asked if it had been tested, as far as I knew it had not. Turns out I have hashi's. Any way, that was 5/05. I had the left lobe removed 8/05 and still trying to get stable on meds. I do not have the same kind of sinus problems I use to have. It's much better now. You will need to have blood drawn. Scan the board for what to have tested. You can then post your results with the ranges and people will give you feed back.
Hope you feel better soon!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

KimberlyV HB User

I had 85% of my thryoid gland removed in 1998 and had been doing fairly well up until now. Somehow everything went wacko thyroid wise, and it just so happens everything is wacko with my sinuses too. . . I'll update you on what doc says about the possible connection on Monday.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi everyone, this is a relaly interesting post although its about sinus infections i do have those but have had constant chest infections sinse this whole thyroid thing started so what are you trying to say are you having more infections sinse the thyroid was removed or have things improved alittle sinse the thyirectomy best wishes love form katxsxxxxxxx

Old 04-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
(male)

mole76 HB User

Well I guess there can be a connection between the two. In a way I hope it is thyroid related, that way I know what is causing it. I have never had any sinus problems in the past. The thing is I do not feel all that bad, it started off with a sore throat and yellow phlegm that lasted 5 days. Now ever since I have been stuffed up and have white phlegm for over 5 weeks. I took Biaxin for 10 days, with no changes. My chest has felt strange the whole time, but the doctor says my lungs sound good. Hopefully I get some answers on Tuesday from the IM doc, I have lost hope from my GP...I think I may have to find a new one! I will let you know what I find out too. Thanks.

Last edited by mole76; 04-04-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: missing word

Old 04-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
(male)

mole76 HB User

I found and answer on another website along with some other known symptoms. I am sure most of you know of these, but here is a list of some other common symptoms. Of which I have many!
____ My hair is falling out
____ I can't seem to remember things
____ I have no sex drive
____ I am getting more frequent infections, that last longer
____ I'm snoring more lately
____ I have/may have sleep apnea
____ I feel shortness of breath and tightness in the chest
____ I feel the need to yawn to get oxygen
____ My eyes feel gritty and dry
____ My eyes feel sensitive to light
____ My eyes get jumpy/tics in eyes, which makes me dizzy/vertigo and have headaches
____ I have strange feelings in neck or throat
____ I have tinnitus (ringing in ears)
____ I get recurrent sinus infections
____ I have vertigo
____ I feel some lightheadedness
____ I have severe menstrual cramps

There are many more, just thought I would share.

Closed Thread