It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
Sinus infection and odd pain in neck/throat & eye pulse

Hi, guys--

It's me again. Recently found out I have a bad sinus infection. Also been having odd sore/ache/pain in front of neck on the same side as my bad sinus. Usually don't feel it, but sometimes do. Could this be from the infection spreading, or could it just be nothing? It's my left maxillary sinus that is the worst. My left eye also feels weird, sort of pulsing from time to time. Not like a twitch, which I've had before b/c of stress. I can move my eye fine, however, and there is no bad swelling there or anything. Also, no fever...

Yikes! I'm just afraid b/c I had this infection for five months before they diagnosed it and I feel so low--very fatigued and very very dizzy.

Thank you!

Violet

Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

girlie77 HB User
Re: Sinus infection and odd pain in neck/throat & eye pulse

hi violet, your post interests me as i have been having problems since dec which they tell me is sinus.. what are your symtoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, lots of dizziness--24/7. Lots of fatigue. At first, I had nausea also (for about 4 weeks). They just didn't know I had an infection...thought it was inner ear related. Those are my main symptoms. I never had a fever. I am congested, but don't have the usual yellow/green stuff. Left maxillary sinus is very full (on CT scan). I just feel horrid. Have been taking augmentin for four days...not seeing any change yet, which worries me. My symptoms started suddenly the day after a root canal; they also started with a weird viral feeling, which quickly passed.

Have you had anything similar?

violet

Old 05-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlie--

just checked out some of your old posts. the bad taste i've heard can be from a sinus infection...as for the lump feeling, have you had a scan of your neck done? i'm thinking that would be advisable for me and perhaps for you just to make sure everything's ok--i think it's worth it. haven't mentioned to docs yet, though. my pain is not when swallowing, it's more like off to the side of the throat in the deep tissue...???

violet

Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

girlie77 HB User

hi violet, this problem is a real pain isnt it just seems to go on and on! I am glad you checked out my posts, thank you lol. I sometimes feel so down with all this and find it hard to get on with every day things. I did see an ENT doc back in feb as i was so worried about cancer etc but had to pay private as in the uk the waiting time is around 6 months and i needed to know. I had an exam using mirrors and he said my throat was healthy and to put those thoughts out of my head. I cant put on another app as i cant afford to. GP says it is most likely sinus related and i have had a few infections not to mention the pressure in ears and face. do you get this? As for the lump feeling i now believe it is mucus but i just dont seem to be able to get it up or down! Although when the sun is shinning i dont feel as bad. Also my dentist has suggested a bite guard which i am waiting on arriving, do know if it will help but im willing to try. Do you think this sounds similar to you? Do you think it is sinus?
Thanks for your help
Girlie

Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, Girlie-

I don't really have a lump in my throat...I think the ache I was feeling was a swollen lymph node in my neck...it is the node on the side of my sinus infection. The nurse told me this was normal. I think a CT scan is the best way to tell if you have a sinus infection. I don't have a lot of pressure. I did have front tooth pain when I bent over, and that is a good sign of sinus problem. My main problems are dizziness and fatigue. I'm taking antibiotics now, but I'm still feeling the same!!

Good luck & try to get a scan. I expect you'll need antibiotics if it is your sinuses.

Violet

Closed Thread