It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

suki1724 HB User
Chiropractic for sinus/allergies?

I've had allergies and asthma my whoe life (I'm 42). I am thinking of trying a chiropractor for my sinus/allergy problems. I'm wondering if anyone has had any relief from going to one?

I'm on singulair, zyrtec, q-var, nasalcort and I'm using a nasal saline rinse and my post nasal drip is still miserable. I also just had to do a short course of prednisone for an asthma flare up and I'd really like to avoid taking prednisone again if I could!

Susan

Old 07-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: Chiropractic for sinus/allergies?

Have you considered going to an allergist? I use to work for a Chiropractor/kinesiologist and I never heard him giving treatment for allergies. He did prescribe a lot of homeopathic remedies but for different issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

for sinus yes, allergies i wouldn't think that it would help. Mine would "reshape" my sinuses.. quite uncomfortable but i think it helped keep things draining. There is an area of your spine/neck that deals with your sinuses. I tend to have a lot of pressure built up when i'm having issues.

Do you use a neti pot or sinurinse bottle?

Last edited by dolysods; 07-08-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I've done chiropractic for my sinuses. Not sure it helped much, but I liked to think so.

Also, massage can help a bit with the sinuses and for asthma.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
(female)

Angel31 HB User

I am curious about this as well, especially for sinus pressure. I actually remember my chiropractor mentioning that neck/spine misalignments can cause sinus troubles. I am actually going back to help my neck, and I'm HOPING that my sinus problems will be better. In any case, I figured I would try this first, since I have to fix my neck anyway.

I did start having trouble with both around the same time...

Anyone else?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

i went this past Saturday.. still getting used to my new chiro (his brother..my guy died ) Did i ever have pressure built up. I asked him if he did sinuses too. His brother used his hands to "reshape" sinuses. Micheal used the activator tool and did 3 punches across the forehead and one on each cheek. He asked if it hurt and i said yes, but i was trying to figure out which way hurt more. He said if i hadn't been congested it wouldn't have hurt. He also gave me sinusitis drops to try. I don't have the pressure in my face any more... so i'm happy!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
(female)

Angel31 HB User

Wow, this is really interesting! I've never heard of a special tool just for sinuses. I was just under the impression that if your neck was out of alignment it affected your sinuses.

I'll have to ask about that at my next appointment. Hopefully I don't sound like an idiot...do you know what the activator tool was called?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

the tool isn't "for" the sinuses and i don't think all chiropractors use them. It is called a activator. I've had it used on my joints/tendon before at another office

Closed Thread