It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
(male)

eltwon HB User
Sinuses?Allergies?Both?

I'm not sure if my problems are alergy related, sinus related, or both. I have seen my family doctor and a doctor in the urgent care they prescribed anti-biotics(first zpak which made me feel really ill and then one in the penicillin family) They made me feel a little better but not much. Here are some of my symptoms. The most common ones I have are a stuffy nose,pressure in the middle of my forehead and at the base and down the side of my nose. I also have a weird pimple looking thing on my right eye that I have gone to the doctor for and he said that he sees it a lot where I live. My eye is also very blood shot around the bump. It seems to come and go. As do my symptoms the only one that doesn't come and go is the pressure. My eyes are extremely sensitive to direct sun light. I can't keep them open for very long without sunglasses. At times it will feel as if someone is pushing my head to the left or right and it will be hard to balance. Other times there will be a feeling like the feeling you get when there is a frog in your throaght except it will be in my sinuses under my eye and down the side of my nose. It seems like it would feel a lot better if I just started crying,which it does, but I can't cry all the time. Sometimes my teeth hurt, which I know has to do with your sinuses but I'm pretty confused because most of the symptoms flare up and then go back down. Which leads me to think it is partly alergies. In the mornings when I wake up it feels like I didn't even sleep,my eyes are droopy,watery,and feel swollen. Also in the morning when I touch my head on the top left or right it will be painful. That is pretty much everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Sinuses?Allergies?Both?

Some of the symptoms you describe could be allergy/sinus related. Keep in mind that sinus symptoms are usually the result of allergies or some other underlying problem, so the most important thing is to figure out what's causing the sinus symptoms and try to deal with the cause.

If you suspect allergies, your best bet would be to start taking an antihistamine every day. Fortunately both Zyrtec and Claritin are now available without a prescription and there are generic versions that are inexpensive and available at any drug, discount or grocery store. Try taking an antihistamine every day for the next couple of weeks to see if that helps your symptoms.

Because you're noticing symptoms in the morning you might consider a couple of other things. It may be that you're allergic to something like dust mites that can live in bedding, so you might try encasing your pillow and mattress in dust mite proof covers (or even better, replace your pillow and encase the new one). A room HEPA filter might also help keep the allergens down at night.

Closed Thread