It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

bebe1983 HB User
does anyone get painful lymph nodes With allergies or sinusitis

i have chronic sinusitis from Allergies. i just started getting my maximum allergy injection dosage. the ragweed is bad this time of year, and i woke up this morning hacking up some greenish mucus. my ears have felt pretty clogged all day. ive been pretty hoarse too.

but my biggest fear is my lymph nodes under my neck feel tender And enlarged. my ears are feeling pretty achy too.

is it common to experience enlarged lymph nodes With sinusitis?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

benfan08 HB User
Re: does anyone get painful lymph nodes With allergies or sinusitis

Bebe, I have that problem too. I have very bad allergies and chronic sinusitis. My ears and throat stay sore and stopped up. But my biggest concern is always the same as yours. I have to be hospitalized because my lymph nodes were so big in my neck. I also had to ask my doctor because I also notice when i'm feeling bad with my throat and stuff, I get real sore around my underarm. My doctor advised me that you also have lymph nodes there and all over your body. I know what you're going through and it's quite painful and very discomforting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
(female)

bebe1983 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfan08 View Post
Bebe, I have that problem too. I have very bad allergies and chronic sinusitis. My ears and throat stay sore and stopped up. But my biggest concern is always the same as yours. I have to be hospitalized because my lymph nodes were so big in my neck. I also had to ask my doctor because I also notice when i'm feeling bad with my throat and stuff, I get real sore around my underarm. My doctor advised me that you also have lymph nodes there and all over your body. I know what you're going through and it's quite painful and very discomforting.

benfan,
thanks i appreciate The response. it's really a shame that they have no way of preventing allergies from getting this bad in the first place. when i was much younger and my allergies were bad i would just sneeze a lot and have a runny nose. now,i dont sneeze but am always congested and am experiencing pain, which only started about a yr ago. ive gotten to the point where my Allergist told me i cant use zyrtec or any antihistimines b/c they will just clog and dry me up more. ive had Sinus surgery too, but it wasnt as beneficial as they said it would be. they just keep wanting to push more surgeries. why couldnt they just Get it right the first time?

i know stress really makes allergies and sinusitis worse. i Was put on an anti-anxiety med for a short time, and my allergies disappeared completely. but they wanted to keep up-ing my doseage and i said forget it.

is this Season a bad time for your allergies?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

Bebe.. did you tell the doc/nurse about the green mucous? that is usually indicative of infection. Do you irrigate?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I get the same symptoms that you all do. I have chronic allergies year round. I am taking my allergy shots once week and I feel terriable for a couple of days afterwards. I have the runny nose and congestion both. My ears feel full and the hurt. I have swollen lymphs at times. The pain from all these goes back and forth from ears to neck etc... I am just enduring it all one day at a time and praying for the first good frost! Hang in there!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

Yes! Allergies make you very susceptible to sinus infections, both viral and bacterial. I had my worst lymph node pain last month when I got a bacterial infection. It was in a new spot for me (on the back of my head) and it made me feel like I was sleeping on a pillow of rocks. It went away within a couple days of starting antbiotics.

I must have had a low grade bacterial infection for a couple months. I had an ugly red scaly nose for months. The doctor gave me antibiotic ointment for it, but it didn't go away until I started the antibiotic pills. In addition to my nasal symptoms, I had low energy, a sore throat, intermittent earaches, swollen glands and general achiness.

I get at least 1-2 infections every year that require antibiotics. It worries me to take antibiotics so often, but bacterial infections can affect your whole body, so you have to treat them. This last time I waited a long time to go to the doctor. It was the painful lymph nodes that convinced me to go.

I'm trying to be more diligent in taking preventative measures. I'm using a new Rx nasal spray that seems to help. I'm not going through boxes of tissues as quickly and my throat isn't very sore.

Closed Thread