It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
(male)

timtim HB User
pressure in head, dizziness-sinus related?

I have been having a lot of pressure in my head for a few months now. I feel mentally out-of-it, and off balance. When I turn my head to look one way from another, I get a dizzy, disoriented feeling. I have been trying to figure out what is causing it, and am now thinking it could possibly be sinus related. The reason I think this is because my nose has been congested and kinda irritated for a few months without healing. I have noticed blood after i blow my nose a number or times. Also, my ears feel clogged, and I had my doctor check them, and there was no wax clogged up. My ears also do a weird, almost quick-pulse thing when a loud noise happens (i.e. 2 plates bang against each other. I just feel a lot of pressure in my nose, eyes, and my head above my eyes. I have a hard time concentrating (just feel mentally off) because of this. My focus just seems out of whack. Things get amplified when I drink alcohol(nose becomes more clogged, feel more dizzy).

Do you think this could all be related to a sinus problem/infection? And would you suggest that I go see an ear, nose, and throat doctor? I've never been to one before.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by timtim; 01-05-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: pressure in head, dizziness-sinus related?

It could definitely be sinus-related. Your ears and sinuses are connected and sinus inflammation can definitely affect the ears and cause dizziness and ear fullness. A sinus infection or sinus inflammation can also cause the pressure in your head and can make it hard to focus.

Seeing an ENT would be you best bet. The doctor will be able to do a quick (and painless) endoscopic exam to see if there's something going on in your sinuses and ears.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread