It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

a1234567 HB User
HORRIBLE SINUS HEADACHE..help!

hey,

so for a little over two weeks i've had what feels like a sinus headache. started out over and under the eyes, then came the pain at the top of my nose, then forehead, temples, and now even the back of my head hurts. i took augmentin for a week, did nothing. went back to the doctor with bad vertigo, got put on meds for that. now it's four days since then and the vertigo has lessened but my head is still throbbing. i started taking tylenol sinus since my doc didn't want to do more antibiotics yet. i've tried every sinus remedy (neti pot, steamy shower, head over steamy pot of water, lots of liquids, soup, warm compresses..etc)
basically my main symptom is soo much pressure and pain in my head ALL day long (go to bed with it, wake up with it). my throat has that swollen feeling from time to time but nothing too bad. no stuffy nose, no fever..

i think i'm going to ask the doc for more (and stronger) antibiotics. anyone know which one is best? i'm getting nervous because i'm not getting better at all and these headaches are affecting my life. i haven't really left home in days!

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
(female)

jammyslisa HB User
Re: HORRIBLE SINUS HEADACHE..help!

Since you don't have a stuffy nose, are you sure you have a sinus headache and not a migraine? Many times my migraines feel as though they involve my sinuses. If it's a migraine, antibiotics are not going to do anything for you at all.

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
(female)

a1234567 HB User

well the reason i felt it was sinus was because i had that characteristic pressure when i bend my head forward and the headaches have been continuous..24/7..

Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
(female)

Kreismanis HB User

I had a cronic sinus headache that sounds a lot like yours. I was on many different antibiotics and was never able to shake it. I did find out that my sinuses were swollen shut and the heat and steam was only making it worse. Cold would have been much better for what was happening. I was also taking decongestants when an antihistimine would have worked better. I ended up having to have surgery to open up my sinuses. That was in 1994 and since then I have had only 4 sinus infections.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #5
(female)

a1234567 HB User

wow that's rough.. my dr. actually gave in and ordered me some more antibiotics.. cefdinir.. seems to be helping finally

thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
(male)

shurluk HB User

You most like are having a “Migraine” and not a “Sinus Headache” I too thought I was having a lot of sinus problems. I would go to the doctor they would push around my forehead and ask if that hurt? I would say s yes they would prescribe antibiotics that in time would seemly work. What actually was happening is the “migraine” running its course and the pain subsiding due to that. As I got older it got worse, meaning more often and lasting longer. I was eventually given a “CT Scan” during a period of seemly unending Sinus infections. What the ENT found is clear sinus cavities with no infection. She told me that 85% of people who think they are having a “Sinus” headache re actually having a Migraine. She called mine a “Facial Migraine” and referred me to a Neurologist.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #7
(female)

a1234567 HB User

did you have pressure when bending your head forward though? i do/did

Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
(male)

shurluk HB User

yes of course.. lowering the head causes blood to flow there and you will feel more pain with a migraine and a sinus infection

Closed Thread