It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
(male)

jj70 HB User
Insomnia, Sinus Pressure, and Extreme Dizzyness - Please help Diagnose.

So about 2 months ago I started having sinus pressure in my head which made it hard to concentrate. I've had this before but it's always gone away after a day or so. It has contstantly been there for 2 months now with these symptoms: extreme dizzyness, sinus pressure, difficulty sleeping through the night (I wake up almost every hour now and feel very sick in the morning since I get so little sleep), throbbing behind the eyes, and pressure behind the temples. Most of these symptoms switch off, with dizzyness, sinus pressure, and insomnia being the most prevalent. I have gone to my regular doctor who checked my neurological symptoms and didn't see anything wrong. I then went to a neurologist who also checked my neurological symptoms and didn't see anything wrong. He sent me to get an open MRI and they didn't find anything except for some small sinus issues. I then went to an ENT who said I probably had a sinus infection, and prescribed Augmentin XR. It has now been 8 days (of 10 prescribed) and it has not lessened at all. Over the last 2 months I have taken all forms of allergy medicine, benedryl, all forms of aleve/tylenol, dizzy medicine, and Melatonin (for the sleep) and none of these have worked at all.

As a separate issue, I have had allergies the last few years which have progessively gotten worse, and usually are worse in Winter than Spring/Summer/Fall. I have had (and have now) Hives, and wake up every morning with mucas in my mouth.

If anyone has any ideas as to what it could be, I have been feeling sick for the last 2 months and am having problems just functioning at work. Sometimes it's hard to keep my eyes open because the pressure is so bad. I have glasses but I don't have headaches or feel that my eyes are strained so I don't believe it has to do with that.

One more weird thing is that I have noticed that when I drink alcohol, I usually feel ok. I would think it would make me more dizzy but it has been quite the opposite. One night I was so dizzy the whole night and when I had some alcohol, I was ok for a few hours.

Any ideas would help, thank you.

Last edited by jj70; 02-16-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Insomnia, Sinus Pressure, and Extreme Dizzyness - Please help Diagnose.

I have had a lot of this and it scares the shoes off a person. Like you, I had been to dr. after dr. after dr. with no relief to really speak of. One dr. sent me to balance therapy, which was a laugh. The therapist told me my brain, eyes and ears were not working in conjunction, yet, when the weather is not raising Hell, I had no problem with my balance, but I had the same eyes, ears and brain. Go figure that one out. So, I went to the acupuncturist and when I walked out, my head was much clearer and I could walk much straighter. What happens with some people when the sinuses kick in, is the whole vesitbular system is thrown off. That can effect your thinking, your balance and the list goes on and on. The drs. just cover this problem up with medication that really does not do much good. Try using the Grossan rinse, which is also VERY beneficial. You can find it on the Internet and even though a little expensive, it is worth its weight in gold go me. Then go to a good Chinese acupuncturist and see how you do. By the way, you do not need all the herbs he or she may suggest. I also had the brain fog you seem to have and all my symptoms came on heavier when the weather changed. Rain drives me NUTS, I hope this is of some help.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
(male)

jj70 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrichmentor View Post
jj70,
You could be having some imbalance of Selenium in your body. This imbalance leads to the symptoms like you have described. You may like to try taking a dose of selenium in homeopathic dose of 30c as we have found them very effective as well as very safe. Be sure to try only one dose to see if that helps.
I am only 26 year old, would this matter? Should I ask my ENT about this?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
(male)

bradyz HB User

I am really glad I found this site. I to have "SEVERE" sinus pressure most all year long. It seems to go away during the summer months though. So here is how my day goes and I am curious if this applies to many people on here. I wake up feeling pretty good, i go downstairs and depending on what i eat I start the feel the pressure build up in my head very slowly. As I drive to work, "starting around September" the pressure really starts building and it's getting hard to move my eye's back and forth, i am also getting pressure in my ears...my right eye begins to swell or close more that the left. i then begin to panic slightly because I sometimes start to see "floaters or sparkles" which means i am about to get dizzy spells if i move my head or eyes to fast, sometimes full on double vision out of one of my eyes. If I stand and talk to somebody I freak out, I start to panic so bad that i "cause" myself to get dizzy because I am affraid I am going to get dizzy and they will be like " what the hell is wrong with you?" i sometimes feel switching on my face, or tingling in my finger tips and toes while I am having these episodes. These problems have completely taken over my life... I can no longer be in meetings because I have so much head pressure all the time that i am affraid I am going to get the spins, or dissy, or sparklies on my eyes. I have tried so many doctors and nobody has a clue. I am so tired of this, anybody else have these similar symptoms?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
(female)

heaterus HB User

Hello,

I believe that i am suffering the same issue. I am desperate to find out if and how you got over the sypmtoms. I have been suffering the very same symptoms. The pressure the throbbing behind the eyes and especially the insomnia. I too have been to the doctor several times and through different test to no avail. i have not slept unmedicated in over 2 months due to whatever this is. If you have any information or advice for me i would very much appreciate it. i too have tried the melatonin and also velarian root again no effect. This is beginnimg to effect my job and i am becoming desperate for relief. Please offer any information that you may have for me.

Thank you so much!!!

Old 08-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
(male)

jim960023d HB User

The sinus issue can trigger what we call, obstructive or central sleep apnea,
you don't need to show symptoms of snoring to be diagnosed with this issue. Try to record yourself with your i phone when you are sleeping and check it out later, you are going to find out if you are getting enough oxygen in your brain, probably you need a mask and sleep study for sleep apnea believe me !!! When you have issues, you can have otitis, or lack or balance or dizziness and the other symptoms that you have. Don't get use to sleeping pills for the insomnia. I have the same symptoms loss of balance, insomnia and sinus pressure and I was required to take a polysonogram.

Check it out.. nothing to loose.

Closed Thread