It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

thewarrior HB User
Sinus inflammation, congestion & headaches

I am looking for some alternatives on how to treat my problems.
I have been to an ENT & Allergist with no success.....I am doing my own homework for some ideas.
I work in a condition that has fumes & smells....& I do alot of Landscaping work. So over the last 20 years I am sure this environment has done havoc on my Sinuses.
I have been taking a Decongestant EVERY day for the last 2 to 3 years (it helped to some degree) but it still causes me to have a Sinus Infection about 4 to 6 times a year. I decided I would like to stop taken a Decongestant, because I'm sure it can't be good for me, I could be getting rebound effects & it could be causing the Headaches I also get.
I mostly get the pressure, burning & sensitivity in my Sinus cavities & a small amount of Post Nasal Drip & ears popping. The Pressure causes headaches....which makes it hard to sleep. I sleep with my head elevated, but it still cause pain leaning back slightly. I use the neti pot - but doesn't seem to help much.
The only thing I found that works great is Cortisone Shots (which relieves the pain of the Sinuses & headaches - but only temporarily) But I can't get those too often.
Any ideas on some natural remedies or some other solutions? Has anyone tried wearing a REALLY good Face Mask that would eliminate smells & dust? Pros & cons?

THANKS

Old 04-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

hsieg24 HB User
Re: Sinus inflammation, congestion & headaches

a good steroid nasal spray could help to eliminate alot of your stuffiness if taken every day. I use Nasacort and it works well. Beware though, a side effect of them are headaches (ironic, no?), so maybe try switching kinds if you are already on one.

I also take decongestants alot, but am afraid of the long term consequences. I have been tested for allergies and have none. Went to an ENT - CT of sinuses was clear. Now off to a neurologist tomorrow. Hopefully he has some ideas. I've had this "sinus" pain on and off for years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread