It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

gene02 HB User
Question Peri- menopause, High blood pressure, Stiff neck and Sinus - Acid reflux - Odema

I need your help!

On the 8th August I had what I thought was a food allergy- I have been to A & E 4 times and seen my GP Twice in the last two weeks.

Each time I have been told that there is nothing wrong with me. I nearly died on Wednesday because I could not breath.

Eventually the ENT advised I had and infection 6 days after the initial allergy attack. However, I still feel that I am choking, with dizzy spells and a sort of itchy allergy type sympton on my face.

Eating and drinking is very difficult. I was not able to eat or drink for 10 days. (Not for the lack of trying). In additon to this I have Acid-reflux.

For someone who has nothing wrong with me I have been prescripbed, antihistanimes, I am on antibotics, Prednisolone, Omeprasole, Inhaler and a saline nasal solution for the last two week. Odd hey!

Blood pressure ranging from 188/96 - 156/96 no previous history of BP before incident.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong. my thoughts could be prei-?

Last edited by gene02; 08-23-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Peri- menopause, High blood pressure, Stiff neck and Sinus - Acid reflux - Odema

Well, you could have several things going on that have just coincidently come together. I would think the higher bp would most likely be due to anxiety over t he attack and/or the steroids you are on. They are notorious for raising bp.
And the acid reflux definitely could be adding to the whole issue.

What did you eat that you think caused the attack?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

gene02 HB User
Re: Peri- menopause, High blood pressure, Stiff neck and Sinus - Acid reflux - Odema

Strawberries and chicken. I am not allergic to either

The high Bp was instant and has continued since.

However, it's the feeling of suffocation and pains in the neck and shoulder that seem to be troubling me the most, combined with the tingling and dizzyness

Last edited by gene02; 08-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Closed Thread