It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
(male)

MaYou HB User
Question tight neck, upper back, sinus pressure, tension

Hello this is my first post. I'm 23 years old and I have tight neck and upper back and sometime lowerback, sinus pressure and never fully empty nose, strange draining sensation in ears. Sometime my neck is getting so tight that it gives me migraine and tension headaches then i feel really stressed cuz i dont know what i have and the cycle jus gets worst. I went 2 times to the hospital. first time i was misdiagnosed a neuralgia then second time i did a MRI and x-ray of the neck and they said i was all good.

I am having this pain for up to 3 months now. At first i thought it would heal itselft and i also thought it was due to bad posture with the laptop but almost stopped laptop use in bad posture and im workin on my ergonomics but nothing seems to work.

I have a broken tooth upper front and i think im due for wisdom teeth checkup can this be all related? Also my mom is dying from cancer so i guess i'm having a lot of emotional stress even tho i dont feel stressed. Only times i feel stressed is when i think about my condition getting worst and it could be a really bad disease... When this happens im gettin short of breath and real tight.But neck tightness is always there 24/7 and sometime i feel good in the morning and the pain/tension/tighness comes back later on. Oh and i have a bit concave ribs and sternum...

Anyone got a clue? I will visit a PT real soon and i already saw a chiro with no result even tho he said he replaced a vertebra in my neck.

Last edited by MaYou; 08-30-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: forgot something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

toeoff HB User
Re: tight neck, upper back, sinus pressure, tension

I've had migraines that have landed me in the hospital, and "negative" MRI's on my neck/head. I've also suffered from neck and shoulder tightness all my life (which probably contributed to my headaches/migraines.) I've had quite a bit of success with massage. The heat-packs before massage helped to get the muscles to relax and the massage worked better for me than chiropractic adjustments at times when the muscles were just too tense to be adjusted.

I also sleep with a rolled towel under my neck when I have episodes. If my neck and head don't hurt too badly, I'll also hang my head off the side of the bed for traction. Sometimes the neck will adjust itself once it's relaxed enough.

Moderate amounts of caffeine helped with the headaches, but too much made my muscles too tense. Black tea instead of coffee is wonderful.

Magnesium is also a great supplement at bedtime.

Closed Thread