It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

saskia1953 HB User
what happens when sinus is punctured when tooth is extracted

My tooth was exrayed prior to extraction because its root was too close to the sinus -
once the tooth was extracted and denture put it - the denture kept filling up with mucus -

they told me I had a dry socket and two weeks later placed in four stiches to get the hole to close -

now another two weeks later and I have what feels like an ulcer right up under my top lip as far as it can go to where the nose starts(impossible to see only hurts like mad when I eat using the denture as it is touching the ulcer)

and now my denture is filling up with mucus/slime again- can it be the sinus leaking into my mouth - I have a very high pain tolerance and do not have a temperature but I am seriously concerned something is wrong.

Please dont advise I go back to the dentist as it is a dental hospital and they are closed for the holidays and I do have an appointment for the 12th of Jan but am really worried - I have not been able to eat any thing hard and have lost about 5 kilos because of this problem -

Thank you in advance for any constructive advice or suggestions best wishes Saskia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
(male)

Squaretop HB User
Re: what happens when sinus is punctured when tooth is extracted

Almost certainly the ulcer under your lip is from an over extended denture border. This can easily be relieved by adjusting the denture. The mucous you speak of could even be thickened saliva making its way under the denture. As for an opening into the sinus this needs to be evaluated by the dentist(to determine if it even occured). This is important as you don't want a chronic opening to develop. See if you can get in before Jan. 12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
(female)

saskia1953 HB User
Re: what happens when sinus is punctured when tooth is extracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaretop View Post
Almost certainly the ulcer under your lip is from an over extended denture border. This can easily be relieved by adjusting the denture. The mucous you speak of could even be thickened saliva making its way under the denture. As for an opening into the sinus this needs to be evaluated by the dentist(to determine if it even occured). This is important as you don't want a chronic opening to develop. See if you can get in before Jan. 12
Thanks for that - I think you are right about the mucus being thinkened saliva as there seems more of it after I have eaten - and if that is the case then it is not mucus from the sinus cavity - I feel much less anxious now - thanks agian

Closed Thread