It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
(male)

jaboop35 HB User
Stomach Problems from Sinuses?

Hi everyone. The past couple of days I've woken up with my head being very congested (partly from allergies, partly from dry air I think). This has been going on for maybe 3 days or so now. Sometimes my throat feels sticky from drainage. This afternoon my stomach started bothering me. Slight gurgling on occasion, plus kind of a nauseous feeling. It's been coming and going for about 5 or 6 hours now. I don't really have diarrhea, maybe slight loose stools. Would sinus issues cause stomach problems? has anyone experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Stomach Problems from Sinuses?

Yes, sinus problems can lead to GI trouble.

Specifically, the post-nasal drip from your sinus infection/allergies/cold is going down into your digestive tract and causing the nausea and loose stools (you may have noticed that your stools are runny and have mucous in them, too).

Stay hydrated, and get a humidifier for your house (or at least your bedroom). If it's winter where you are, it's probably a lot drier than you're used to and a humidifier can help with that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

jaboop35 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to believe that it's sinuses too. Before bed last night I had some toast and what not, and I felt much better, and then again this morning when waking up I had sinus drainage again, and some slight upset. It is winter here, been very cold and dry, and I think the heat in my room isn't helping anything. What does everyone do to stop the stomach issues. I've already tried stopping the matter at hand of drainage, but I've had this every winter and the best I can do is just contain it.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Asides from a humidifier, try taking an antihistamine to dry up the mucus. I know it sounds like a contradiction..you are adding moisture and then trying to dry up your nose, but if you dry up the sinus drainage you won't have the queasy stomach....trust me.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
(male)

jaboop35 HB User

that certainly makes sense. ive been trying to dry everything up for awhile now. the queasiness comes and goes. it gets worse when i haven't eaten anything (assuming then its just digesting mucus) but i have a hard time feeling hungry.

Closed Thread