It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

Abrie79 HB User
Unhappy Does anyone suffer REALLY bad chronic sinus infections? This is MISERABLE. r/o pls

I have been doing research until my eyes have felt like they were going to pop out they hurt so bad, let alone from the infection. Currently i have the worst i've had in a long time. Pain behind my eyes and forehead area. I am on antibiotics which will only delay another one to take it's place The doctor looked at me in the ears , eyes and nose and he said that i was so congested he couldn't see anything. He prescribed nose spray and antibiotics: Augmentin. Though i don't know if this stuff is going to work b/c i was on something stronger last time to kick that one. Sigh.

Here is my concern: I was told that mold can be a cause. I had mold in my place ( i live in fl) climbing up my walls of my closet and living room windows. (Water got in when they power washed) They kicked me out and put me in a hotel and gave me 200 bucks to say sorry. Bribe money not to sue them, i guess. Well, a little over a year later , with new walls put up i am concerned that it's back even though i don't see it....I had them come in again to check and the humidity level was at around 50% and they said that everything looked fine. I am concerned that everything is not fine and i am getting a bias opinion b/c these mold inspectors are from the complex i live in. I'm so at my wits end. YES, i have used a netti pot or a replacement of it , works just like one, same technique just more comfortable to use with a squeeze bottle. I am trying to get in the habit of using it everyday now.I wasn't before b/c i guess i didn't realize the severity. I also live with my cat who i am mildly allergic to, and she may be part of the problem, but i've had her for 10 yrs now and the sinus infections only started 5 years ago. I could live with this if it weren't for the constant dull to writhing headache that fluctuates on a daily even hourly basis and the pressure, jesus the pressure almost makes you want to kill yourself. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with one and i can barely think. I know about the dairy rule too. Not sure it's true, but i have started to follow that as well, No dairy. Can anyone give me advice? My doctor seems to be useless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
(male)

mountianair HB User
Re: Does anyone suffer REALLY bad chronic sinus infections? This is MISERABLE. r/o pl

You can buy an inexpensive "Home Mold test kit" at many places. I think home depot or places like that. If that contractor who repaired the walls is not experienced in mold construction, you may very well still have mold spores there in the walls yet. Service master may test it for you for a small charge or free...

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-26-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
(female)

Abrie79 HB User
Re: Does anyone suffer REALLY bad chronic sinus infections? This is MISERABLE. r/o pl

Who is service master and how can i get in touch with them ?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
(female)

Abrie79 HB User

Oh and they used certified mold inspectors to check the place out. It is a condo association and many people here have had a mold issue.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
(male)

mountianair HB User

hhmmm well I don't know where you live, but look in the yellow pages under "Water Restoration" and look for someone who as the words "Mold restoration" in their ad..I used company's a lot because of my type of work I do..or go to the internet advanced Google site and entry your town and state, then follow withe service master..I believe they are a national company..but dont let them make you sign anything..tell them your still investigation the source and want a mold spore test done..sometimes free, sometimes not free..Good luck & let us know what you find..MA

Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

For decades, I had spent a lot of money on ENTs and antibiotics, and spent a lot of time waiting desperately for hours in ENT offices. Little hope was ever offered to me. They would tell me that I had polyps, or inflammation, or a possible infection, and then write me a rx for antibiotics.

My sinus infections just kept coming, one after another, for Decades!!

Well....... around ten years ago, after decades of Chronic Annual Sinus infections, AND just after taking another round of antibiotics for another stupid sinus infection, I could feel another sinus infection coming on!

I recklessly and desperately used Diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in my sinuses in a risky attempt to "kill" whatever was in my sinuses; which could be causing my Chronic Sinus Infection problems! I just couldn't take it any longer.

Anyway... after around seven months of using Diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in my sinuses, I basically stopped using the Hydrogen Peroxide any more.

It's now ten years later, and I have not gotten another sinus infection. My sinuses feel great all the time.

I would not recommend that anyone else try what I did, especially without a doctor's supervision. Was I just lucky? Was it just coincidence? Were there other factors? Did I do more harm to my sinuses, or health than good? Regardless, if it was that easy for me to cure my own chronic sinus infection problem (Sinusitis), how come the medical world and the ENTs having discovered it? Could it be that it is more profitable to keep Sinusitis patients sick!

I just wanted to post my experience that I had found a way, or stumbled into a way to cure my Chronic, annual sinus infections. After so many decades of sinus misery, it is sooooooo nice to not have stuffed up, painful sinuses which sapped me of all my energy, and made me miserably ALL the damn time!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 05-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
(female)

mery628 HB User

You have to ask yourself when enough is enough. Do you suffer from this 365 days a year? If you can rule out mold, then consider sinus surgery. I had constant sinus infections for years. I was on antibiotic after antibiotic. I finally broke down & went to an ENT who took an xray and told me that surgery was the answer for me. It was! After I got "roto-rootered" 10 years ago, I have had exactly 2 sinus infections (from mold, in the fall). It may not be for everyone, but it was an answer to my prayers.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
(female)

Nariega HB User

Yes, I have for about 20 years. I have had 3 sinus surgery's. The first time I had a tumor in there, so that gave me immediate relief, the last two sinus surgery's not as effective. But you need 1- a good ENT surgeon, they will give you a sinus cat scan first, takes only 20 minutes, dosen't hurt or anything, and then tell you what they see. 2- for the headaches, I used to get them so bad I would crawl to my room, the most effective thing for me was tylenol, and advil also, and the old fashion sudefed. The tylenol gets rid of pain but the advil keeps inflammation down, which is what you will have. 3. Any good ENT will test you for the mold, but tell them to anyway. All they have to do is swab your nose. You really do need to do the saltwater rinses twice a day, they are worth it. I don't like that pot, you can buy the neil med kit, that has premade packets and a bottle, that squirts, and gets up higher into your sinus, than that pot thing will. ENT's will also keep you on antibiotics 6 weeks, because they say thats how long it takes to kill a sinus infection. THey have given me 6 weeks of augmentin which messes up my stomach bad, so know give me one week of a z-pack, then have me go off it a week, and then take another z-pack. If a family dr, gives you the antibiotic they only give it for 10 days, so that may be why you are having trouble getting rid of it. It is not being killed out. Call the health department about your mold in your condo, they will help you find out. Hope this or some of this helps you.

Closed Thread