It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

Jenzo71 HB User
Post Cold/sinus infection that won't end

In mid-March I developed a cold, and eventually got over it. I felt better for 10 days, then the cough returned, and apparently I had developed a sinus infection. The first week of April, I was given antibiotics for 10 days, and a steroid nasal spray. I felt better (again) for less than a week, and then became congested all over again (although this third round, the symptoms aren't as bad as when I was on the meds). I don't think I have allergies, and I rarely get sick, but this has being going on a month and a half. I've been drinking tea, lots of water, and taking decongestants and continuing to use the steroid spray. Help! I just want to be 100 % again. I know the pollen/ragweed is terrible this year.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Cold/sinus infection that won't end

Once the sinus membranes get damaged, or wounded, by infection, they are more prone to re-infection.

The perfect solution would be to avoid that very first infection. This, of course, keeps the sinus membranes whole, healthy and more resistant to infection.

As long as there is damage to membranes of either the sinus cavities or nasal passages, there is a higher chance of infection. That first infection, if not caught in time, can really turn into a vicious cycle of repeated infections, IMHO.

Best of luck getting back to 100%!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread