It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
(male)

mountianair HB User
Does air condition affect your sinus or allergys?

With the up coming hot summer nights, we have to use our window a/c in the house..We have one in the bedroom and a larger one in the living room. It does a good job of keeping the high humidity and heat down..We almost got central air this year, but will have to wait until next year..Using the bedroom a/c I try to keep the air from blowing on me..however, its a smaller bedroom and eventually some air down blow on me..when I wake up in the morning, I very head congested and almost sick in my stomach..I take one or two of those red dot pseudoephedrine tablets and one Tylenol..about 2 hours later I start feeling better..I've just come off of 5 years of allergy shots..I've been loosing sleep sometimes, as I wake up in the middle of the night and I can feel all the drainage in my head..I don't have this when we don't use the window a/c..any suggestions???? Anyone else have problems with air conditioners?? The heat & humidity forces us to use the a/c..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Does air condition affect your sinus or allergys?

You really need to not have it blowing on you. Since it's causing issues, you may need to clean it - may have mold and dust, etc in it from being shut down for several months. The mfg can give you cleaning instructions. In the meantime, try a benedryl at bedtime and see if it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
(male)

mountianair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
You really need to not have it blowing on you. Since it's causing issues, you may need to clean it - may have mold and dust, etc in it from being shut down for several months. The mfg can give you cleaning instructions. In the meantime, try a benedryl at bedtime and see if it helps.
Thank you for mentioning Benedryl..I used one of those a week ago, & for some reason it was better..I'll use it tonight. The a/c unit is almost new & I always removed the filer and clean it with soap/water/bleach before using it for the summer. I also clean the filter like that a couple times a month. Anyone Else with comments? thanks all!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Ooh...bleach! Could be the issue. I'm very sensitive to bleach fumes and allergic to the stuff itself (can't get in a pool or wash with it). Perhaps you need to rinse that out.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
(male)

mountianair HB User

Well after about a week of using Benedryl, I believe it has helped me!! I take the 4 hour ones and some times I take two..so far i've not felt sick in the morning with the window a/c running!! thanks alot !!!!

Closed Thread