It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Over seven years without a sinus infection. Needless to say, I LOVE 3% Peroxide!

My sinus allergies always led to sinus infections, several times per year for decades! Many of those sinus infections would be my own fault, frequently from drinking too much beer on a weekend. My sinuses would swell up from the beer, and then the next morning I would wake up with closed, stuffy, nasty, uncomfortable sinuses. Then I would cross my fingers and hope it wouldn't lead to another damn sinus infection. Many times it wouldn't but when my sinuses were real bad in the morning, chances were that I was going to get another sinus infection.

Then, back to the ENT..... waiting long times in his waiting room, another antibiotic prescription, the long drive back home, and, at least $100 down the tubes!

Anyways...... it's now been over seven years since my last sinus infection, all the result of flooding my nasal areas with diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Chronic Sinus Infection misery GONE! Having to give my money to non-caring ENTs GONE! Long waits in ENT offices GONE!

All as a result of my boneheaded, stupid, dangerous and risky flooding my sinuses with diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. I had no idea what I was doing. I knew nothing about the Eustachian Tube openings at the back of my throat. I knew nothing about the structure of the Sinus Cavities, or the Nasal Passages. I knew nothing about the effects of Peroxide if it actually did get into my Sinus Cavities. I was stupid. But..... fortunately I was also very lucky. It worked and I have been sinus infection cured for over seven years. No sinus irrigation. No sinus flooding. My nose behaves itself, and so do I! What a wonderful relief.

I am just posting this to show that chronic, recurring sinus infections can be cured. Whether or not someone uses 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to cure their chronic sinus infection problems, or finds a totally different way, it is possible to cure this nasty, debilitating health problem.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 08-14-2010 at 01:44 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
gaitje (12-07-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
(female)

carolinabeach HB User
Re: Over seven years without a sinus infection. Needless to say, I LOVE 3% Peroxide!

i use it in my kids ears when they are starting to get a cold. it works well.
i had no idea you could use it in your nose. good to hear.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Over seven years without a sinus infection. Needless to say, I LOVE 3% Peroxide!

Or you could buy a Neti Pot and use a simple salt water solution and do the same thing. Works wonders! I would be afraid that the peroxide would be as inflammatory as an infection...sinus cavities are a tender place. I have trouble if the salt solution is too strong.

But keeping the sinuses clean really does help. Love my Neti Pot.

Jenny

Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
(male)

sauerkraut HB User

Thanks for the info, i have tried it and worked like a charm

Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #5
(male)

gaitje HB User

Before I read this post and the other post about the flooding, I read about the peroxide.

I read also that a 3% solution can be sprayed in to your nose, but..... as you allread thougt, DON'T DO THAT!!

And yes, my sinusses are totally swollen and I cannot get air in to my nose.
I hope it will cure itself, I did spray maybe 6-10 times, stopped yesterday because I did feel that it is not good to continue..

Any other people tried it this way and the sinusses restore itself after a few days? I hope so!!!

When I will try it again, I will really dillute the 3%!!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
(male)

naveea HB User

Hi

Am 27 year old ..I have had sinusitis from childhood due to DNS, but i would only have issues during winters

from past 1.7 years i am suufferung from constant sore throat, my CT scan showed severe sinusitis due to my deviated septum to my left but i never had a any pain ,just blocked nose ,,,, I was advised a septoplasty ,tonsillectomy & FESS .. i got it done last jan 2010...

But i dint have any relief with my sore throat.... I have countless courses of antibiotics,Antihitamine,Nasal spray,PPI's with no relief...

After few months of my surgery i started having pain in my sinuses,especially my left side and my left nostril was getting blocked,upper left jaw and teeth hurt

My latest CT scan showed a Maxillary sinusitus and polypoid mucusal thicking on my left side & Post surgical defect(MY ENT dint bother about this)

All the ENT's and MD's i have seen tell me its because of my PND my throat is sore(Red bumps back of throat)..My ENT also said that i have LPR... but PPI's dint help either

I have been trying Salt water and baking soda after the sugery(infrequently) using a Bulb syringe made out of rubber but i still have the sore throat and sinus pressure and left nostril is blocked..My mucus is comes thick white when i do the sinus flush ,but when i stop it and redo the sinus flush after 3days ,,the mucus turns thick yellow or green

I want to try out this method along with H2O2 but i was only able to get hold 6 % H202 laboratory reagent ,i am in india,, so am not sure whether we have 3 % H202

can i use 6% H202 by diluting it?if so how much ?

Last edited by naveea; 01-20-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveea View Post
... I want to try out this method along with H2O2 but i was only able to get hold 6 % H202 laboratory reagent ,i am in india,, so am not sure whether we have 3 % H202

can i use 6% H202 by diluting it?if so how much ?
If I were to use 6% H202 laboratory reagent, I would dilute it in half, adding equal parts of the peroxide and filtered water. Then I would dilute it much more, using one part of the "newly created" 3% Peroxide to 20 parts filtered water.

I fully documented my experiences with sinusitis, nasal and sinus infection and using peroxide to cure my chronic sinus infection problems in the following HealthBoards - Sinus Problems thread, named: Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare.

The direct link to the thread is:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139765

I had to be very careful using Peroxide within my sinuses, because Peroxide can be very VERY irritating and nasty within the sinuses. In fact, when I first started out experimenting with irrigating/flooding my sinuses with Peroxide, I did not dilute the peroxide sufficiently and I burned the hell out of them and suffered greatly.

I am close to age 70. I suffered with frequent sinus infections and misery for DECADES! I can't believe that I have now gone about ten years without a sinus infection; and I never have to do any sinus irrigations or floodings, or anything at all to stay this way.

I wish you much luck in solving your sinus misery problems.

Take care...........

⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 01-20-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
(male)

naveea HB User

Thanks for your reply

I was wondering whether i can use a Bulb syringe made out of rubber ,will H202 react with the rubber ?

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-21-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Quote from prior post removed. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

I have no idea about whether or not a rubber syringe would be good for introducing Hydrogen Peroxide into the sinuses or nasal passages. I can only say what I used, which was a Saline Nasal Spray container from the store, which I emptied out and then refilled with the diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide mixture.

Good luck. I hope that, by now, you are doing much better.

⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
... I am close to age 70. I suffered with frequent sinus infections and misery for DECADES! I can't believe that I have now gone about ten years without a sinus infection;
I continue to go without sinus infections. My sinuses also feel very good almost ALL of the time. For me, the sinus flooding with Peroxide was extremely effective and has produced no adverse health problems.

Quote:
... and I never have to do any sinus irrigations or floodings, or anything at all to stay this way.
This is a little incorrect. While I don't ever have to do any sinus irrigations or floodings, I do use Fluticasone Propionate, one spray in each nostril, once a day, in the morning.

I also do not use dairy products, and I avoid a long list of irritants, chemicals and allergy triggers.

I also had Acupuncture treatments and allergy shots for sinus problems about 30 years ago.

Over the last few years I had experimented on myself with my own electro-acupuncture machine to treat sinus and asthma allergy problems and I have also experimented on myself with SLIT allergy treatments, both of which have been somewhat successful.

But.... all in all, I owe my wonderful relief from constant sinus infections and sinusitis to the flooding of my sinuses with peroxide, salt and baking soda, which I stopped doing several years ago.

⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 03-09-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I continue to go without sinus infections. My sinuses also feel very good almost ALL of the time. For me, the sinus flooding with Peroxide was extremely effective and has produced no adverse health problems.
Sinuses still feel great, every day, every hour, every minute. I went for decades with nasty sinus problems and constant infections. I had sinus surgery to fix (supposedly) a deviated septum and to remove an untreatable cyst within my sinus. I missed a lot of work due to sinus problems.

Today, down here in normally beautiful South Florida, smoke from fires in the Everglades polluted our air and stunk up the place. It was awful, choking, burning smoke. It did cause a little wheezing on my part, but my sinuses survived very nicely.

I just wish that I had known about Sinus Flooding with Peroxide many years earlier. I would have saved myself many years of grief!

⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 05-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
Hairfarm (08-17-2011)
Old 10-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
... I have also experimented on myself with SLIT allergy treatments, both of which have been somewhat successful.
It's now about two years after I did my own at-home SLIT experimental treatments, and my Asthma has been much better because of the SLIT.

Quote:
But.... all in all, I owe my wonderful relief from constant sinus infections and sinusitis to the flooding of my sinuses with peroxide, salt and baking soda, which I stopped doing several years ago.
I was in constant sinus misery for decades! It is such a relief to NEVER think about my sinuses, after so many years of misery. I have to admit, though, that I never thought that flooding my sinuses with 3% peroxide would take away my sinus misery. And..... I blundered into a way to cure my sinusitis totally by accident. It wasn't planned. I knew nothing about sinuses. I was just very lucky. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Closed Thread