It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
(male)

Wally41 HB User
Question Anxiety and Sinuses relation thoughts

First of all I would like to thank all the others that have posted to this board as I see I am not alone in my suffering with this condition. Helps to know others are out there and I am not alone in my suffering.

My thoughts on this relationship between anxiety and sinus issues are the following in which over the years I have experienced since 2004. In my case I always thought that this condition came on so fast but after reflecting on the events that prior to this being a full on issues I think the warning signs were there but I choose to ignore them.

I remember going to bed prior and when my wife got into bed the movement the bed made almost gave me motion sickness. Also when the weather started to change from fall to winter my migraines were getting to be more prevalent. Now looking back I think that these were warning signs.

The day that it started I was sitting at work looking at my computer monitor when I feeling of anxiety washed over me and my sinuses felt like they were on fire. I was very dizzy and and the anxiety settled in my chest and I could not stop it. After many visits to the Doctor and being told I was depressed and that I was faking it I took a step back and really started to document when these attacks would happen.

The first thing a noticed is the anxiety "feeling" is best described as a dull version of a sneeze. It is the same type of feeling but much duller and is constant. Also when my sinuses are at their worst the pain that I feel is much like the feeling you get when water gets up your nose.

Both water up the nose and sneezing cause the body to react close too the same. you squint and your chest tightens up and your heart rate reacts accordingly. Another thing to note is that these are involuntary reactions. In other words you cannot "make" them happen. This probably is the reason why it happens I can't turn it off I have to let it pass on its own. (which can be very debilitating).

Now using this as my reasoning for the pain when they happen the feeling of doom that I felt in the beginning has changed in the fact that this can be fixed... eventually. You just need an ENT to take the time to listen and be open to your ideas.

I would like to know your thoughts on this hypothesis and whether I am not alone with this observation?

Thank you all for your help and your time

EW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread