It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Unhappy Man I hate having sinus problems! Claritin isn't working well today... :(

Hey everyone. I have been having sinus problems for all my life. Well, I have allergies on a regular basis. Unfortunately, my sinuses now have pressure in them. It's right around my nose and eyes as usual. I took my Claritin today as usual and my antibiotic and steroid that I'm on for bladder infection, sinus infection/respiratory infection but now I think I'm getting sick again and I hate it. I was out in the cold for a little while last night so that may be why I am getting sick again. I have not yet finished my antibiotic and don't for a few days.

Is there anything I can do or take to make the pressure go away? I don't think I can take another antihistamine with my Claritin.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: Man I hate having sinus problems! Claritin isn't working well today... :(

I wish I had an answer for you, but other than an antihistamine or neti pot, (which only works for a minute anyway) I dont' have a clue. My nose is stuffed up and really itchy the past two days. I have temple pain and just feel uncomfortable. I think sometimes we just have to live with it. I try to ignore it, but it doesn't help. When I am outside it feels better, but with 30 inches of snow and blowing wind, I can't stay out too long.

I hope you get some relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Man I hate having sinus problems! Claritin isn't working well today... :(

Sinus problems are the worst. Until recently, I had 3-4 infections a year with each lasting 6-8 weeks.

I agree with the neti pot.

Are you using any saline nasal sprays? I like Xlear, Ponaris or Ayr. The first two have some other natural ingredients.

Are you on a decongestant? Sometimes, I found it was needed.

Are you using a humidifier?

I find that a hot or cold pack help provide temporary relief. I usually use the cold pack, but occassionally warm feels good.

I also wear a face mask when I go out in the cold.

Something interesting I found out was that in addition to the allergies making things worse, I also have "silent" reflux. I had acid actually coming up into my sinus area and making the irritation worse. Reflux treatments have helped me decrease the number of sinus infections I've had the last couple years.

Closed Thread