It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
(male)

xyz120 HB User
Can't Solve My Chronic Sinus Troubles

Hello,

I have been unwell for the last several years and things have gotten to the point where I don't know how much longer my body can go on for.

I have had chronic sinus problems in the sense that my nose is always stuffy. When I do get colds they always seem to get into my sinuses and my teeth hurt. I can't say that my sinus areas pain at all.

Over this past year I have had 5 or 6 sinus colds. I am now constantly blowing my nose and clearing my throat. I also yawn non stop throughout the day and feel very, very tired. I'm wondering if my sinus problems are causing (sleep apnea) Not sure if people with sinus issues are candidates for sleep apnea or not, I would be curious to know.

Basically, I am just sick and tired of this. Things continue to get worse year to year, week to week. I am so fatigued and my muscles hurt so much from blowing my nose 60 times a day.

Not to be gross, but when I do get a sinus cold my mucus does go thick and green/yellow. When I don't have a cold I still continually get post nasal drip and constantly clear my throat and blow my nose all day long. It's usually clear and more watery through. Is this still sinus?

I also use allergy eye drops because my eyes feel tired and almost burning all the time. Is this typical of sinus problems?

I use the neti-pot twice a day and omnaris nasal spray. I do have allergies to dust. This is a year round problem for me and not something that is seasonal.
I have tried allergy medications and they help somewhat but not completely.

I would appreciate anyones comments and suggestions.

Is it normal for the daily congestion that I am experiencing to be clear when I blow my nose? The odd time there is some yellow mucus in it.

I feel like there is something more serious going on, like an autoimmune disease thats producing all this crap

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Can't Solve My Chronic Sinus Troubles

Have you had allergy tests? Have you had any allergy desensitization shots?

Have you found any foods or drinks or odors or chemicals that make you worse? How about second hand cigarette smoke?

Do you think that allergies, especially to foods, could be a major cause of your sinus problems?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Hi Machaon, thanks for your reply.

I have allergy testing done which has indicated my allergy to dust, cats, maple trees. Thats it.

I have also had food allergy testing done which indicated mild sensitivities to wheat, gluten and dairy which I have avoided for years.

I can't say that I notice certain foods, drinks or chemicals that make it worse. It's really there all the time.

I was hoping that food allergies was causing the problem but I have eliminated the foods which I am sensitive to.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

You certainly have taken a positive approach to resolving your sinus problems.

However, and sadly, allergy tests are not definitive and are often faulty.

Quote:
I can't say that I notice certain foods, drinks or chemicals that make it worse. It's really there all the time.
Sadly, so are allergens and irritants.

Quote:
I was hoping that food allergies was causing the problem but I have eliminated the foods which I am sensitive to.
There are many allergens and irritants that could cause both nasty sinus problems and breathing problems.

You can't do much to avoid outside pollens, such as tree, weed and grass pollens. I had very mild locally tailored tree, grass and weed pollen allergy shots for a while and they seemed to help.

Since it can take anywhere from one to ten different allergens to cause uncomfortable sinus or breathing problems, the task of avoiding ALL of the different allergens can be very difficult.

I had different types of allergy tests. In my case, I was allergic to everything and suffered for many years with nasty, clogged up, painful sinuses. I also took "specific" allergy shots for years, which were strengthened each week.

I tried Acupuncture. I even bought my own Acupuncture stimulator and tried self stimulation.

I finally got my sinus allergies under control by eating the best quality, home made foods I could eat, and by avoiding all kinds of drinks, alcohol, chemicals, some plastics, processed meats, gravies, some soups, dairy products, vegetable gums, animals, rugs, cloth furniture, smelly wooden cabinets, some metals, cigarette smoke (direct or second hand or even in someone's clothes or hair, various odors, and by taking Fluticasone nasal spray. Sadly, I've had to stop getting takeouts or even eating out at restaurants.

As I continued to eliminate foods from my diet, and home chemicals, etc., my sinus problems continued to get better, until finally I no longer had or have any problems with my sinuses. Except, I have to take one snort of Fluticasone in each nostril, once a day.

I am not suggesting that you go to the extremes that I have had to go to, but you might consider living a bubble life, like mine, for a week or two, to see if it helps; and then if it does, slowly adding things back into your "bubble", like takeouts, etc., until the sinus problems come back.

Mind you, I am not a health professional, nor do I have any medical training or education, so you may consider these the words of some crazed fool and disregard my post!

Take care, and best of luck solving your nasty sinus problems!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Closed Thread