It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Oral Steroids for sinusitis

What is the usual dose/duration of tramtment when oral steriods are prescribed for sinusitis?

Dont the Sudafed/antibiotics/guiaphenesian thing with no sucsess, wondering if a short pulse of dexamethasone or prsdnisolone might help

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

MyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB User
Re: Oral Steroids for sinusitis

Ask your doctor for topical steroids i.e. nasal drops or nasal sprays. The older cheaper steroids i.e. betamethasone should work if the newer more expensive ones don't.

They have less side effects than oral steroids as not a lot of the drug will get into your blood stream if you take the prescribed dose in the correct way. (Make sure you fully understand how to use the drops.)

The only issue with the older ones is that you can only take them for a short duration i.e. 7-10 days there as the newer ones you can take for a month or more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread