It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
(female)

love63367 HB Userlove63367 HB Userlove63367 HB User
Re: Chronic Post Nasal Drip - BAD BREATH.

Good luck with the antibiotics! I have given up on doctors because I can't seem to communicate my anxiety from having bad breath constantly, they just dont seem to understand): My relationship with my friends is extremely painful, I'm always so concerned about my breath that it's impossible to relax and just have fun. I surprisingly have a boyfriend and my anxiety level has skyrocketed</3 I can barely manage sitting next to someone without fear of them smelling me, let alone kissing them!! This has been taking over my life and is the number thought on my mind 24/7, no exceptions. How are your relationships with different people? I'm interested to see if you feel the same way.

The following user gives a hug of support to love63367:
hohope (06-22-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to love63367 For This Useful Post:
Adrian82 (11-05-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #32
(female)

hohope HB User

aww. is that so? yeah. of course i feel the same way. swear. its like i would type your whole message all over again.. you're right that its very impossible how to relax and just have fun.. we're like prisoned in this pnd well, some people we're giving me hints that it seems that they want to tell me about my breath.. not knowing that im aware of this and im really dying just to cure it. and im really having a hard time dealing with people..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
(female)

You're right! That's another thing I forgot to mention, how people must think I'm unaware of this problem. It's definitely the exact opposite like you said, I'm 100% aware!): So embarrassing!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #34
(female)

Pastafarian HB UserPastafarian HB User

I had severely bad smelling sinus drainage. If I blew my nose, it would stink up a room. The tissues would smell. The drainage was usually thick and sometimes yellow. It was in my breath very strongly and I was paranoid that it was even Hanging in the air if I had been breathing through my nose with my mouth shut.

After a year, I began seeing an allergist. I had a CT scan which showed obstructions in my sinuses causing chronic sinusitis. I had sinus surgery and since then I have only had two sinus infections where I could smell it faintly again. On a daily basis, it is gone.

It might be worth it to see a good ENT and endocrinologist, or internist. There has to be an explanation. No one cares more about your health than you!! Good luck.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #35
(female)

Just thought of one other thing... When they test you for allergies they are only testing you for common things. Even the detailed allergy panels have to test you for very specific items. You can still be allergic to something if the panel comes back fine. Because you might be allergic to something they don't test you for. Does that make sense? I have anaphylaxis to certain foods (my throat swells up and I can't breathe), but the allergy test came back normal. This just means they don't know what I'm allergic to, but I'm definitely still allergic to something.

Be careful putting things up your nose that aren't from a medical professional. You could possibly cause an infection doing that. My ENT prescribed liquid antibiotics that work like a Netipot. That might be more effective.

And also remember that hormones rule your entire body. You could have a hormonal problem that causes the smell. Keep trying and just remember that, even if the tests come back normal, there can still be a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pastafarian For This Useful Post:
love63367 (06-24-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
(female)

Thank you Pastafarian for the advice! When I went to the allergist, they did ask me if I wanted to do a more in-depth testing, aside from the common tests. But my mom had said no to that idea): And I'm interested that you mentioned something about hormones, do you have any other information on that? Is there any way to prevent a hormonal problem?! Thanks sharing your story!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #37
(female)

You're welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your mom turning down the tests. I'm sure it's no consolation now but, if you're 16, it won't be long until you can pursue medical treatment on your own. I don't have any real in-depth knowledge about the disorders myself. I'm a Biochem student and I am really interested in healthcare, so I am constantly watching health shows. I remember one episode where a woman lived her large part of her life with bad breath and later body odor. She was eventually diagnosed in her 30s with Trimethylaminuria. It's a disorder where your body doesn't metabolize certain compounds properly. I'm not saying you have that! I just thought it was pretty amazing that she lived with it for so long before she got the proper diagnosis. For what it's worth, there's a list on Wikipedia that details out lots of different non-oral causes of bad breath. Just take a look at the article for halitosis. I'm just saying don't let anyone tell you you're crazy until all tests have been done - even though you might have to wait until you're 18 to do that. I have also heard that people with thyroid disorders - I think hypothyroidism - have a really terrible bad taste in their mouth, although no one else can smell it. Thyroid disorders can be determined with a blood test. My husband had pretty terrible breath for a while. He stopped drinking coffee, garlic and onions for a long time, used a tongue scraper and mouthwash daily and it eventually went away. It still comes back pretty strong if he drinks coffee. Just hang in there! You'll get it figured out eventually with the proper doctor and the right tests. Also, I can't remember if you have talked to your dentist or not, but that definitely wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by Pastafarian; 06-25-2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to Pastafarian For This Useful Post:
love63367 (06-26-2012)
Closed Thread