It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
(female)

dexilant HB User
Sinus Infections & GERD

I have been suffering from sinus problems for about 22 years. I had Acute Sinus Infections and had sinus surgery about five years ago to fix my broken septum and thin the mucus lining. I did everything I was told to do - remove all carpet from the house, put a humidifer on the furnace, etc. I tried prescription nasal sprays and nasal rinses, changed to goat's milk to reduce mucus production. . . Still the sinus infections persisted, along with the post natal drip and ear aches, etc. It was round after round of atibiotics. I was always making a snorting sounds to clear my sinuses because I felt like I was sufficating.

Then a couple of years ago I was also diagnosed with Gastroesophagel Reflux (GERD) and given pills to help with this. The acid is only noticable if I head fatty/greasy or rich foods.

In the past year my sinus problem was so bad that I began vomitting up mucus and bile from my stomach once or twice a week. It would take up to 30 minutes to extract everything.

What I learned through a friend with the same two problems was that sometimes the acid from our stomaches can go into your throat and sinus cavities while we sleep and cause sinus problems. For the past two week I've been taking Dexilant, which is a prescription drug and it is a miracle that my sinus problems are about 95% resolved. I am for once in 22 years hopeful and full of energy.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: dexilant
jasel (09-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

Wren song HB User
Re: Sinus Infections & GERD

I was so glad to see your post! I've been having horrible sinus issues for the last few years as well. I've been to 14 different doctors in 2 years (4 separate ENT's), been on antibiotics for months on end until I had a bad reaction to one, one sinus surgery... the constant head pressure has been the worst part. Nothing I've done or tried worked.
I just started Dexilant today after asking my ENT to look down my throat b/c I've just recently had the added symptom of a lump in my throat... I think I've had it a while, but attributed it to another sinus infection & the drainage. He said I had LPR, similar to GERD but the upper espophogus. Heartburn and normal GERD symptoms don't happen with it, but acid is coming up. He put me on Dexilant & I am praying praying praying that it remedies this sinus nightmare.
What dose were you on? How many times/ day? Are you still doing well? Reading your post on how much it helped & how similar your story sounds to mine is thrilling! I just joined this site to write you (I've never joined one of these things before).
Thank you for some HOPE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread