It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
Sinus problems? Allergies? Something else?

On Wednesday night I started sneezing and I went to bed early because I just felt like I was coming down with something. Thursday it was just sneezing and slight stuffy nose but I would be pressed to even call it a cold. Friday I had a horrible headache behind my left eye. I used an ice pack and took some advil and went to bed. Saturday I woke up and it was better but still there so I took more advil. It helped and I went about my day. Last night the hurricane blew through and today I woke up with sinus pressure. Not really pain though. And I keep getting dizzy if I turn my head a certain way or sit up too fast or even if I move my eyes a certain way, everything spins. Earlier today my chest started feeling funny like I was starting to get a "chest cold" But there's no coughing, no stuffy nose, no drainage that I can tell.
Could this be an allergy? Or just sinus problems? Should I be worried about something else? I know my sister in law used to have chronic sinus infections and scar tissue built up in her sinuses and whenever it would get inflamed, she'd get dizzy. They did all kinds of tests thinking it was neurological but then found out it was her sinuses

Old 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Sinus problems? Allergies? Something else?

Well, your symptoms correspond almost perfectly with the beginning of ragweed season, so I suspect that's what's going on. Usually rain knocks down allergens, but apparently the hurricane just stirred up the pollen even more.

(I was outside for FIVE MINUTES, just to check the neighbors, and I STILL feel like someone's sitting on my chest. Asthma hasn't been that bad in MONTHS.)

You could try some OTC antihistamines such as Zyrtec or Allegra. If it's still bugging you in a few days, or if the chest thing is still bad tomorrow, see a doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Zipity (08-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
(female)

Zipity HB User
Re: Sinus problems? Allergies? Something else?

Thank you! I ended up in the ER tonight because I was so dizzy. They checked my blood and urine and everything was normal. They did a neuro test, listened to my lungs, had me on a heart monitor, pulse ox, blood pressure. Everything was normal. My blood pressure was 123/62, the nurse even called it perfect. My pulse ox was 100%. So they told me it was vertigo and sent me home with a prescription for meclizine. The doctor said I might have a virus that "settled" into my ear canal and is throwing everything off and that would explain the sinus pressure too I guess.

Closed Thread