It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

godzpeach HB User
sinus/ear pressure and vertigo...HELP!!

During the past many years of sinus issues I have on occasion had some vertigo. But last year I had a very hard time with it and saw my Dr who thru xrays comfirmed a sinus infection. Antibiotics cleared it up. Since then I have vertigo from time to time. Right before we went on vacation last month I started having vertigo and sometimes nausea with it. The humidity was horrible where I live and I could hardly stand to be outside in it..I could feel the pressure building in my sinuses and around my ears and then the vertigo would come. We got back from vacation and I saw the Dr today. She had explained to me last year about sinus swelling and air getting trapped and vertigo. BUT today she told me vertigo has NOTHING to do with sinuses or ear pressure. What?! I have seen several ENTS and DRs over the years and have never had one tell me that. She just pushed more drugs on me...switched me from flonase to nasanex, etc. She said my nose didn't look bad enough for antibiotics but did order a ct scan to check for a sinus infection. She also ordered blood work to check my iron and vitamin D. I have in the past had low iron but have NEVER felt like this. The low iron was her only other explanation..or that I should move back to GA (because I mentioned the pressure and vertigo was better there while visiting family.) I am also peri menopausal but don't think that is causing this. It is to the point that I hate driving when I have vertigo and haven't done so much in the last few weeks.The netti pot does help some with the ear pressure. When I hold my nose and blow my ears NEVER open anymore..I saw an ENT a few years ago for tubes but because my hearing test was almost perfect he wouldn't do tubes. My ears do open right after using the netti pot but close again within minutes : ( Please share your story if you have suffered with vertigo.

Last edited by godzpeach; 09-15-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: ADD INFO

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: sinus/ear pressure and vertigo...HELP!!

When you're sick and having vertigo, it's more likely related to an inner ear infection than a sinus infection. Sometimes they take several weeks to get over even with the proper antibiotics. But if you're having vertigo for a long period of time after the infection clears, I would consult with a neurologist. Vertigo can be a sign of several neurological conditions

Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
(female)

godzpeach HB User
Re: sinus/ear pressure and vertigo...HELP!!

Over the weekend allergy season kicked in here and with the sneezing and running nose my ears opened up. No more vertigo! Yesterday I woke up with tons of sinus and ear pressure and I had a little vertigo until that got better. I really think it is related to my ears. A few years ago a Dr sent me to an ENT because she said I had eustachian tube dysfunction. They did a hearing test and because my hearing was so good they said I didn't need tubes. My ears are almost always stopped up and itching.

Closed Thread