It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

k8ee2010 HB User
Unhappy Can't get rid of Sinus Infection!!

Hi, I have had a sinus infection for 3 weeks and I can't get rid of it!! I went to a clinic 2 weekends ago and they gave me Amoxacillin. The following Friday I went to the allergist for my regular check-up and he did an X-ray and said that my Sinus Infection was still there and that Amoxacillin isn't a good drug so he gave me a Steroid, nasal spray, and and allergy pill that I will be taking for months. Well I finished all the medicine for my sinus infection and what do you know?! I have it again this weekend! I work at a daycare and there is always sick kids. But if I've taken so many prescriptions shouldn't it be gone by now?! I'm tired of laying in bed every weekend feeling horrible Anyone know what's going on??

Old 10-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Can't get rid of Sinus Infection!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8ee2010 View Post
Hi, I have had a sinus infection for 3 weeks and I can't get rid of it!! I went to a clinic 2 weekends ago and they gave me Amoxacillin.
I am so sorry that you were having these nasty problems with your sinuses. I used to get several sinus infections per year and I know how miserable they can be.

Quote:
The following Friday I went to the allergist for my regular check-up and he did an X-ray and said that my Sinus Infection was still there and that Amoxacillin isn't a good drug so he gave me a Steroid, nasal spray, and and allergy pill that I will be taking for months.
Amoxicillin is excellent against many forms of sinus infection. I am puzzled by your allergist. He stopped you from taking an antibiotic, which kills bacterial infections, and instead put you on a steroid, a nasal spray and an allergy pill, neither of which can kill a bacterial infection.

It sounds like your allergist is treating your for allergies and not for an infection.

Quote:
Well I finished all the medicine for my sinus infection and what do you know?! I have it again this weekend! I work at a daycare and there is always sick kids. But if I've taken so many prescriptions shouldn't it be gone by now?! I'm tired of laying in bed every weekend feeling horrible Anyone know what's going on??
It's been a month since you first posted. How are you doing now?

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-13-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
(female)

lolo25 HB User
Re: Can't get rid of Sinus Infection!!

I had sinus infection 2 months ago and was prescribed a 10 days course of amoxicillin but it did not work very well. My sinus infection was allergies related so I was given an antihistamine as well but it was a month later when I went to another doctor that prescribed a more powerful antibiotic Clarytromicin as well as Tylenol 2, that helped me better. At that time, I was living in a humid climate , with lots of mold and a very high humidex, but now I live in a dry climate that I guess helps with my sinus problems. I wash my nostrils twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed, with saline water, and it seems to help as well. When I feel congested, I take sudafed. I am still having allergies but at least for the moment my sinuses seem ok.

Closed Thread