It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

lolo25 HB User
Chronic sinusitis - Help?!

I've been dealing with sinusitis for about 7-8 weeks, went through 2 rounds of antibiotics (Amoxicillin and Clarytromicin), but it hasn't cleared yet. I have nasal polyps and tested positive for mold and other environmental allergies and i have days when everything seems fine but I also have days that i feel like crap. Pressure and/or pain on the face (cheeks, nose and eyes), sometimes even tingling, maxillary sinus pain, upper teeth pain, ear fulness or sometimes pain etc and the doctors I saw said it's sinus infection caused by allergies so take Allegra D or Zyrtec, use NAsonex, and everything should be ok. As I said, sometimes it is, but sometimes it's not at all. I've started seeing a naturopath doctor and I hope it'll help a little bit, but I was wondering if any of you, the sinus pain sufferer, have any suggestion on what to do to improve my condition. I currently live in a city on the East Coast, with lots of humidity, but we'll move shortly to Colorado, where the weather is dry and everybody says that this will help my sinus condition. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ERROLB HB User
Re: Chronic sinusitis - Help?!

Chronic sinusitis is usually a result of repeated antibiotics being used to treat sinuse congestion. If it is chronic you probably have a systemic candida infection and need to stop with the antibiotics and start with treating the systemic infection. I have had this for many years and finally think i have found the key to treating this thing created by my doctor way back in 1987.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

I won't get into a detailed argument with the first responder to your post but would encourage you to be extremely wary of that non-scientific advice.

Quote:
I've been dealing with sinusitis for about 7-8 weeks, went through 2 rounds of antibiotics (Amoxicillin and Clarytromicin), but it hasn't cleared yet. I have nasal polyps and tested positive for mold and other environmental allergies
The polyps may be the root cause of the infection not clearing. They can block the natural drainage passageways in your sinuses and cause infections to recur almost immediately. Has your doctor recommended anything to help shrink the polyps? Generally a short course of oral steroids followed by the use of a nasal steroid spray and Singulair are pretty effective at keeping polyps from recurring (unfortunately, there is no natural way to deal with polyps, they are difficult to treat and, if not addressed, can require surgery to remove them.

Quote:
I was wondering if any of you, the sinus pain sufferer, have any suggestion on what to do to improve my condition.
Here's a list:

1. Get a Neil Med Sinus Rinse bottle and irrigate your nasal passages 2-3 times a day.

2. Talk to your doctor about a steroid nasal spray to keep the inflammation at bay during allergy season.

3. Take an antihistamine daily during allergy season (and consider undergoing allergy testing).

You really should look for an ENT or allergist who specializes in treating chronic sinusitis so you have someone who can help you manage this (if the ENT recommends surgery right away get a second opinion).

Old 09-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ERROLB HB User

Scientific? I post nothing that is not verified medical fact.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ERROLB HB User

When I lived in Colorado I had the worst sinus infection ever, caused by the dry air and dust. It was Colorado Springs in 1992. I do much better in a moist climate, but that's just me. At least in Colorado there are good NDs to treat you.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERROLB View Post
Scientific? I post nothing that is not verified medical fact.
I simply hope that people will take the time to actually verify those "facts" before they start thinking that antibiotics contribute to sinusitis. Bacterial sinus infections that are not properly treated with antibiotics can cause serious health problems.

Last edited by gcsjr; 09-23-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

ERROLB HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsjr View Post
I simply hope that people will take the time to actually verify those "facts" before they start thinking that antibiotics contribute to sinusitis. Bacterial sinus infections that are not properly treated with antibiotics can cause serious health problems.

I was given antibiotics and seldane only for my sinuse problems to return a short time later. I now have and have had chronic sinusitis for many years as a result of that witch doctor treatment and have now realized the source of the chronic sinusitis as well as the fact seldane was removed from the market as a dangerous drug. That's what modern so called scientific medicine has done for me. I suspect you are in medicine and think you guys need to be ashamed of yourselves for what you do to people.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I suspect you are in medicine and think you guys need to be ashamed of yourselves for what you do to people.
Your suspicions couldn't be any more wrong.

I have battled chronic sinusitis for 20 years but have had the good fortune to have been treated by 3 incredible doctors (2 ENTs and an allergist) who have helped me get my sinus issues under control. I wasted thousands of dollars on bogus natural treatments before I finally found a doctor who actually specialized in treating chronic sinusitis and I am incredible grateful to him (Dr. Donald Leopold at the University of Nebraska Medical Center) for helping treat and educate me about chronic sinusitis.

I don't want others who suffer from chronic sinusitis to spend the time and money chasing phony hope when there are real, scientifically proven, treatments out there.

I certainly understand how people become frustrated because chronic sinusitis is a difficult disease to diagnose and treat, but blaming it on Seldane or antibiotics might just keep someone from getting the help they need to find lasting relief.

The Following User Says Thank You to gcsjr For This Useful Post:
kirstenliv33 (02-07-2012)
Closed Thread