It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

Pearl62 HB User
Bottle

Hello,

Please tell me which bottle you guys are using as I have a saline bottle from the drug store and it has such a small hole that I can't see how to get the solution into the bottle. The top doesn't screw off either.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Bottle

For irrigation your best bet is a NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle. It's available at most national drugstore chains (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and you can get a starter kit that comes with pre-measured saline packets. Usually the starter kit costs around $15.00 for the bottle and 100 packets.

The following user gives a hug of support to gcsjr:
Pearl62 (09-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to gcsjr For This Useful Post:
Pearl62 (09-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
(female)

Pearl62 HB User
Question nasal flooding

I'm still not really sure about this. I have aproblem with the ear thing. I don't want to mess up my ears. I don't have any problems with them but when the mucus starts to act up if it is really bad it can burn the back of my throat and get into my ears cause I sleep on my side. Or I should say I go to sleep on my side. Always seem to wakeup on my back. Lately my nose has seemed very dry. but it has not stopped the slight drain and clogging I get so far only in the mornings. I can blow it out then it is fine. After a few blows and some hot coffee, with a cough drop in it. hahaha. I am taking claritin for seasonal stuff but I don't want to do anything that might mess up my ears or cause a viral infection. Had one of those once. Never want one again!!!
Any advice, comments on how to make sure it doesn't get into your ears when you do this. I know it is going to burn, Not looking forward to that.
I'm on the east coast and it is drying out here, the humidity, a little anyway.
Thanks Pearl62

Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Bottle

Actually, if you use the packets it won't burn at all (but the sensation will take a few times to get used to). NEVER irrigate without using the packets (which make the water in the bottle match your body's Ph and salinity) - that will definitely burn.

As for avoiding issues with your ears, just be sure to squeeze gently at first and continue to test different amounts of pressure until you figure out what's comfortable.

I've been using the SinusRinse bottle for 10 years and have never had an issue with my ears.

Closed Thread