Suffering-do not want to to take antibiotics again-PLEASE READ
so here is my story about this ongoing problem I've had for about two months:
I originally went to my doctor for vertigo and was told I had fluid behind the ears, and some swelling in my sinuses, she determined it was a virus. When it didn't go away my doctor gave me flonase, and Zpack (antibiotic). I completed the treatment, went off to Vegas for a week and felt great. A week after my return from Vegas, I started getting swelling in my cheeks from my sinuses, then the pain, pressure, and fever set in. The fever went away after about 3 days, but I'm still left with the pain, pressure, and headaches. I have been using a neti-pot only once a day with my flonase, all to no avail. I went to the doctor yesterday because its going on day 15 of feeling like crap and my doctor switched me to rhinocort nasal spray and gave me a ten day supply of 875 mg of Augmentin. I REALLY do not want to take an antibiotic again, especially with how much I have heard this upsets your stomach. I have an appointment with an ENT next week, so I'm wondering if its ok to just hold off on the antibiotics until then, but use my nasal spray and perhaps increase the use of the neti pot?
I'm really new to all this sinus stuff. I dont want to skip the antibiotics and get sicker, but my symptoms have all been pretty consistant. Nasal drip down my throat, vertigo, slight pain in my sinuses and pressury headaches (not terrible, just enough to be annoying).
Is it ok to wait another 6 days and see what the specialist says? Should I invest in some suddafed? I have anxiety disorder and hypochondria and am really scared to take any medication. PLEASE HELP! I'm torn between taking this antibiotic and waiting to see what the ENT says!