It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

tyler1234 HB User
permanent sinus infection?

have a deviated septum and live with almost permanent sinus infections; live on antibiotics which sometime work and sometimes don't; suffering beyond belief with sinus, forehead and facial pain/pressure, dizzy, headache, throbbing teeth, feel very sick and flushed, worst congestion of my life that I can't clear no matter what(and this has gone on for a couple years more on than off); nausea, gag, tried everything over counter and prescription to stop this; could i b immune to antibiotics literally living on them?; could my old moldy house b making me sick?; any help or direction is much appreciated; over the past 2 months i have been on 5 rounds of antibiotics and i am still suffering unbearably; something is very wrong, been to endodontist, ent and sinus docs. HELP.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: permanent sinus infection?

Based on what you're describing it sounds like your "old moldy house" is more the issue than a deviated septum. There's no reason why a deviated septum would cause chronic sinus infections unless it is severely deviated (in which case I'm sure that your ENT would have recommended surgery to correct it).

Your symptoms seem much more consistent with chronic mold exposure. While it might be worthwhile to see an allergist to get tested for allergies, dealing with the mold in your house is probably the best thing you can do to help improve the way you feel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
(female)

tyler1234 HB User

thank u for taking the time to respond and i think u r right in regards to my home being at least some of my problems; can i pick your brain?; then why do websites like ***** and some docs claim that deviated septums can/do cause chronic sinus infections?; also, i've been in the home over 11 yrs. but only suffered for 2 or so years; all i can explain that with is that my basement is continuing every year to leak more and more maybe creating more and more mold and there is one section of my basement that when i am in for too long or cleaning i physically have to come upstairs as i gag and have respiratory problems; do u agree with the more leaks/more mold theory?; would cleaning my air ducts possibly help?; i am definitely sick all fall and winter and spring but even during summer as well when furnace is not on; my furnace guy said yes, when the furnace is on, it can bring the molds/toxins up into the main part of the house causing exposure; thx. again and any opinions u have r greatly appreciated.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
(female)

tyler1234 HB User

i forgot to ask u; i've researched on the web about people in my situation who move and who's symptoms r either the same or worse; have u heard of this?; would u say that somewhere warmer like florida would b better or worse for people with chronic sinus issues?; thx. again.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Deviated septums can definitely cause sinus infections but, unless your deviated septum is the result of a recent physical trauma, your septum has been deviated since you stopped growing (or earlier), so it's unlikely that a recent onslaught of sinus issues is the result of a physical malformation you've had for many years.

It is common for adults to develop allergies - both environmental and food allergies - as adults, so you may have developed an allergy to mold more recently. Your best bets for dealing with the mold are:

1. Clean your air ducts and install the highest efficiency filter you can on your furnace (and change the filter every 3 months)

2. Put a HEPA air filter in your bedroom (and run it 24 hrs a day).

3. Put a dehumidifier in your basement to lower the humidity and help inhibit mold growth (and consider having your basement tested and the mold remediated if you can).

Moving to a new locale may not help right away because it takes time for your body to adjust to the lack of mold (and you may encounter new allergens wherever you move). It is possible to remediate mold from your current home so that would be your best bet to start.

Closed Thread