It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
(male)

Ryan484 HB User
Dizziness due to Sinuses?

I have been dizzy since last November. It has been all day, every day (except when I'm doing something I won't notice it for brief periods of time). At first, I thought it was mainly exaggerated because of anxiety issues, because when I was 9 years old I had brain surgery to remove a BENIGN tumor. Surgery was successful and has not reoccurred. But you can imagine that the dizziness sent me into a panic.

I got my blood tested (normal), an ENT said that my dizziness could NOT be caused by my ears, since it was not a "spinning" dizziness. I went to a neurologist, had a brain MRI which came back normal, then went to another ENT who did VNG tests (air in the ears) as well as an audio test. Both came back normal. I also got a CTAT of my head and neck to check for any blocked arteries. Also normal.

I went back to my primary doctor today and he is convinced that it's sinus related. I have had a general pressure on the left side of my head for quite some time now. I have pain on the left side of my nose (under my eye where my maxilliary sinus is) and the doctor turned off the lights in the room and put a flashlight up to my face. He said that area is BLACK and gave me some antibiotics and Claritin D to take. This is not the first time I've had messed up sinuses though. I also have pressure in the back of my head, which coincides with where my surgery was, which also scares me. He said there are also sinuses back there, and also I have a lymph node behind my left ear which is swollen. He said that all of this could decrease after the antibiotics/Claritin.

I am worried because I have always had bad sinuses but have never had dizziness persist for this long before. I think part of it IS anxiety, but it's not the CAUSE of the dizziness, if that makes sense. Just aggravates it. I wanted to get your opinions on this and see if anyone is going through/has gone through a similar experience as me. Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom and personal experiences to me. And happy Halloween!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread