It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

Hilarymck HB User
Sinus headache severe.

I have had a headache over forehead, eyes, basically over all my sinuses, for 3 and 1/2 weeks. I went to my GP, was put on Augmentin, after a week I was no better......went back to doctor, was put on Levofloxin, and Prednisone.....another week went by, I was no better.
I tried a Neti pot for several days, until on one occasion it hurt so bad....specifically in my forehead, that I stopped using it.
Had an xray of my sinuses, which they read as normal.
Finally went to an ENT, who looked up my nose with a scope, said I do NOT have an infection......put me on Flonase, and the MOTHERLODE of prednisone.....said my first round was too low a dose........and claritin....
that was yesterday.......today was the worse day ever. I have never had such a headache. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am beginning to wonder if I am going to the wrong doctors.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: Sinus headache severe.

I have and it is just awful. I had one yesterday and I have already been on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. I came home from work with it. The only thing I do that helps is a decongestant and ibuprofen. And then, lay down for an hour or two. The congestion is so bad and that seems to be the problem, so you have to break it up. Try that and see if you have luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
(male)

rikks HB User
Re: Sinus headache severe.

I'd strongly suggest seeing an ENT.

Closed Thread