It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

Abdulink HB User
Sinusitis since birth.

Well first of all, I'm not lying. I've been suffering from this freaking disease since I was born. Why you ask? Simple. My nose has some sort of problem and I suspect it to be a Nasal Deviated Septum. I'm 14 and have been living with this nightmare forever till now.

I always have a headache, pressure on head, feel tired, and always just want to lie down and rest. Obviously I also have real difficulty breathing as well, especially in the night.

About my nose-One side is almost totally closed almost all the time, and the other is blocked around 30-60%. And it's just not that, the sides inter shift with each other, so this gets slightly open and the other gets stuffed up.

Recently I want to a homeopathic doctor and he gave me some medicines, along with a spray. All were finished, I went back to him again, and gave me some more useless medicines. So I think it's really a deviated septum, however I'm not utterly sure. How to identify whether you have a deviated septum or not?

And to make things easier, I'll be going to a hospital soon and get diagnosed and stuff there. Hope I might get some help and wisdom here.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
(male)

ben201 HB User
Re: Sinusitis since birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulink View Post
Well first of all, I'm not lying. I've been suffering from this freaking disease since I was born. Why you ask? Simple. My nose has some sort of problem and I suspect it to be a Nasal Deviated Septum. I'm 14 and have been living with this nightmare forever till now.

I always have a headache, pressure on head, feel tired, and always just want to lie down and rest. Obviously I also have real difficulty breathing as well, especially in the night.

About my nose-One side is almost totally closed almost all the time, and the other is blocked around 30-60%. And it's just not that, the sides inter shift with each other, so this gets slightly open and the other gets stuffed up.

Recently I want to a homeopathic doctor and he gave me some medicines, along with a spray. All were finished, I went back to him again, and gave me some more useless medicines. So I think it's really a deviated septum, however I'm not utterly sure. How to identify whether you have a deviated septum or not?

And to make things easier, I'll be going to a hospital soon and get diagnosed and stuff there. Hope I might get some help and wisdom here.
Go and see an ENT, they can let you know if it is a deviated septum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
(male)

Abdulink HB User

OK

So I went to an ENT and he did a checkup and came up to the conclusion that I needed a Septoplasty, just like I had expected. I came the next day in the morning and got operated. After become conscious my nose was packed so I had to breath through my nose. My mouth was totally dry.

Well after a really difficult day, the next day in the evening I got my packs removed. The doctor then said he had placed splints and he'll remove them the next week.

OK, so for the first few seconds after getting the packs removed I could breathe pretty much perfectly but after that I started to sneeze and got blood mucosa all over the place and my nose got a little stuffed up. I was still breathing through my nose then, but eventually it go way too stuffed up. I also asked my doctor when he said my headache will go away and he said it'll eventually go away.

So now it's been 5 days and my nose is still stuffed up and ONE side is more stuffed up(one side tends to be breathable quite OK). I'm really worried. I'm taking all the medicines prescribed to me and was my nose quite often but after like 10 minutes it gets stuffed up again. Whenever I wake up in the morning my nose is totally filled with dry blood and is stuffed.

So I was just wondering is this normal, and till when will my headache/sinus go away? And I'm still breathing through my mouth.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

What you're experiencing sounds pretty normal. It takes weeks for the swelling from a septoplasty to completely go away and at least a week for it to go down enough for you to start noticing much improvement because everything is VERY swollen from the surgery.

As long as you don't have any severe bleeding or signs of infection just hang in there, it will get better.

Closed Thread