It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

JupEye HB User
Slight disorientation/dizziness due to sinuses?

Greetings all!

This will be kind of long for the sake of thoroughness.

Iím experiencing some sinus pressure, nasal congestion (feels pinched, as if someone put a clothespin on the bridge), ear pressure/fullness, and slight disorientation/dizziness. Normally I would just chalk it up to weather or some such. However, I recently Googled UTI-like symptoms for reassurance (no problems at present) but when the search results turned up dire conditions, I became extremely anxious. And so here I am, worried about the source of my disorientation.

History:
-Constant severe sinus pressure, nasal congestion, fatigue, disorientation, dizziness, and sometimes vertigo appearing in early 02/2009; persisted all year (much worse in air conditioning) and exacerbated a PTSD/anxiety condition
-Finally diagnosed with Chronic Sinusitis 11/2009; after performing an endoscopy, ENT figured my deviated septum had a part in preventing my body from fully kicking bacteria out of my sinuses after a bad flu at end of 12/2008
-Given prednisone, antibiotics and nasal steroids; fulfilled the prednisone and antibiotics, but eventually stopped the nasal steroids due to costs and it making everything taste unpleasant no matter how I sprayed or angled my head
-Severity and constancy of all problems GREATLY decreased (even desisting for periods), though I continued to experience weather-induced symptoms, especially with rain and particularly disparate temperature shifts

Present Day Things To Consider:
-All symptoms still come and go, but have been worse since about 11/2011.
*Ex. 1= 12/02-03: I had SO MUCH pressure in sinuses that my gums throbbed. It felt like all of my top teeth would pop out, with tons of post nasal drip, left eye watering like crazy, and felt dazed with disorientation persisting until about 12/05. (I now know what people mean by itchy teeth)
*Ex. 2= 12/22-28: Symptoms built to a less extreme yet still uncomfortable point than 12/03 but felt 99% normal by 12/29. Accompanied by strange tenderness in right SCM, and loud/shrill noises caused vibrations in my ears; almost as if there was wax paper in them
-Just moved 136 miles away; no longer living in Buffalo right off of a lake, there are different weather patterns, the area is 150í higher in altitude than home, and I also live half way up a high, steep hill
-Compared to typical winters, the weather here and home has been very whacky (warmer with rain and little snow when 32*/-). Also, house is drier/warmer than what Iím used to, boyfriend keeps it 71* and Iím constantly waking with an unhappy nose and oodles of dry nose ****
-Spent MANY successive hours spent inappropriately hunched over a laptop and books/notes for college since November, on top of having very poor posture (Chiropractor once noted this). Experienced many symptoms that I recently found out are directly associated with strain of the SCM muscles, including: odd ďtension pangsĒ at the top and middle back of head, at my temples and forehead, tension headaches and chin tingling, which dissipate when I change my posture; not to mention the sinus/nasal issues ( http://tinyurl.com/88azwby )

Does it sound like it is just my normal sinus issues? My anxiety is high with easily tripped triggers lately, being that I quit my job, moved away from my family and friends, and ended my BA. I was up all last night worrying that I possibly had a tumor or MS. I am not falling, having limb weakness, tingling (besides occasionally via chin) or numbness, eye pains or vision disturbances, or experiencing anything else, besides the slight disorientation/dizziness, that would point to something more than sinuses.

On a side note, I am also wondering if possibly my tight SCM muscles have anything to do with thisÖ especially since things have gotten worse since all of the school-related strain on my neck.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread