It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
(female)

tyler1234 HB User
permanent sinus/respiratory infection; at wit's end again

been on more rounds of antibiotics than i can count over past year for world's worst sinus/respiratory infection; been to a sinus/allergy doc who said i had deviated septum but didn't recommend surgery; told me to reduce mold in home which i did with remediation and told me to either c an infectious doc or immunology doc which i never did; saw ent who said i do have lots of environmental allergies to molds, pollens, grasses, trees, animals and recommended shots which i can't afford; been living on a high sugar/carb diet which i'm now trying to change and have been trying to exercise/walk but with a herniated back disc and bum ankle it is hard; my head and chest r in a bubble of congestion that nothing/no one can break with gagging, dizziness, thick post nasal drip down throat and out nose, headache, pain/pressure in sinuses/head and sometimes it is hard to walk/drive as i'm so plugged up; can't poop on decongestants or antihistimines at all; nose sprays do nothing; trying to work on my anxiety but when u feel so sick, dizzy, broke, trying to raise a kid solo and congested daily it is hard; got pine tree chopped down outside bedroom but neighbor still has box elder tree nearby as i'm allergic to both; have reiter's syndrome which is an imflammatory autoimmune disease; vit. c messes my tummy up; i am literally sick every day and lost any quality of life a long time ago; use neti pot daily; remediation company said my airducts had a little mold in them but they didn't recommend cleaning ducts although they have never been cleaned in 11 yrs. and there is no way to permanently remove mold from ducts unless u replace all house ducts and just killing any mold in ducts could still give symptoms as dead mold does that; my mold counts in house have gone down drastically in living space from 7100 to 230 and in basement from 98000 to about 230 as well; really working on my diet as i've consumed sugar/carbs daily for longer than i can remember with a sugar addiction/emotional eater; weird, yesterday was bad day with severe congestion all day close to gagging and dizzy and full of head congestion and never can clear my throat and then late in day i ate eggs and took a diflucan in case it is fungal sinusitis and i felt a little better; not sure where to go from here, maybe another ent, maybe need deviated septum surgery that i can't afford as a single mom on disability bankrupt and i've heard the stories about people having multiple surgeries and years of shots to no avail and i don't think moving is the answer as last year i went to florida(yes i know i shouldn't have gone to fla not being able to afford it but just had surgery and decided to live for moment and give son and i the ultimate ny to/from fla road trip) and was out of my house for 11 days and still came back in august with another infection yet a mom online believes we should move for relief as she believes remediation doesn't work but the remediation company said mold is even outside for everyone; last summer had a large hiatal hernia with a partial stomach wrap done and still take protonix as i heard digestive issues can also bring on sinusitis; is there really anyway to stop the world's worst permanent sinus/respiratory infection or not?; working on drinking more water too; if anyone has any ideas on where i go from here, please advise and i will keep updating and i wish everyone happy healthy sinuses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: permanent sinus/respiratory infection; at wit's end again

I am so sorry you are struggling so much!

1)Do not move to Florida. It's the worst place on the planet for sinuses.

2) Really think about the allergy shots. If you have insurance, they can probably work something out. I don't pay a penny for my shots, I just go in, the nurse injects me, and leave. It's helping a lot, too.

3) Keep trying antihistamines, there are a bunch of different brands out there. Try ones without the D, if decongestants cause problems.

4) Try NasalCrom nasal spray. It's over the counter and it works pretty well for me.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
(female)

tyler1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
I am so sorry you are struggling so much!

1)Do not move to Florida. It's the worst place on the planet for sinuses.

2) Really think about the allergy shots. If you have insurance, they can probably work something out. I don't pay a penny for my shots, I just go in, the nurse injects me, and leave. It's helping a lot, too.

3) Keep trying antihistamines, there are a bunch of different brands out there. Try ones without the D, if decongestants cause problems.

4) Try NasalCrom nasal spray. It's over the counter and it works pretty well for me.
thx. for getting back to me; so funny how u mention florida as that is the one place i want to live but have friends there that agree with u that florida and sinuses r not a good combo; too bad as i LOVE all that is orlando but that may b why i got sick last august down there in that crazy humidity so i guess florida will b a place visited not lived at; my middleage sick bones r SO sick of our upstate NY winters; I physically can't stand it much more so if u know of any other warmer state where bad sinuses r welcome, pass it along.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

With your mold allergies, you MIGHT do better in the Southwest, but I'd try visiting in both winter and summer before you uproot yourself.

Closed Thread