It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

thrutime HB User
Hidden cause of sinus problems

My husband suffered from severe sinus infections and frequently took antibiotics for them. He finally went to an allergy dr. and was put on 875 mg of Augmentin 2 x a day for 90 days to 'clear up' his sinus cavities. After that he had surgery to open his still closed sinuses. For a few weeks he could smell everything - even the a/c in the car but it quickly closed up again. I found a book in our library called (I think) The Hidden Yeast Connection. In reading the book I discovered that all the antibiotics he had been on had allowed yeast to set up shop in his gut and travel to his sinuses. More antibiotics simply killed the yeast-eating good bacteria and keep the problem going. We knew we were on the right track when a course of Nystatin (sp) caused a massive yeast kill and kept the poor man in the bathroom all night. We found a holistic MD in Kansas City and discovered he had a huge 'yeast infection'. She didn't understand why his good bacteria was so high until he told her I had him taking active probiotics. She treated him with a gentler yeast killing supplement along with other meds for different conditions. He was/is a new man!! Now whenever either of us take an antibotic we take a probiotic several hours later (so it doesn't interfere) and make sure we eat the good yogurt on a regular basis. Hope this help someone - good luck!
Thrutime

The Following User Says Thank You to thrutime For This Useful Post:
sweet_chic (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
(female)

sweet_chic HB User
Re: Hidden cause of sinus problems

Wow! Thanks for the info.

I Stay getting sinus pressure and sinus problems/infections, and now I'm starting to wonder if there is an underlying cause for them.

I guess maybe I should try to stay away from sugar and take some probiotics and eat good yogurt for a few days and see if that helps ease some of the symptoms a bit.

I believe that sinus problems are caused by a number of things. I don't think it's a coincidence that my sinus issues just started getting worse in the past couple of years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, probiotics, sinus, sinusitis, yeast