It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

charjakson HB User
Unhappy VERY PAINFUL Sinus Infection

I have had 1 other Sinus infection before, BUT nothing like the one I am experiencing right now. It started 10 days ago now and the past 4-5 nights i have literally cried myself to sleep, because the pain and pressure in my right cheek bone is so severe I have no other choice. I was at the docs about a week ago and she gave me antibiotics....well they weren't working that well, so I went back to her yesterday. She gave me a sample of Avamys nasal psray and NeilMD the Sinus Rinse. She also gave me a stronger antibiotic. I guess I am just wondering if this ype of sever pain is normal? It was WAY worse when I try to sleep at night. A few years ago I had some mold in my room....but it was cleaned right away when noticed....and I was reading up on this sinus crap and I read that mold can affect the sinuses....sooo I'm just wondering if that is making it worse....like I said it's been a few years....I think the only thing worse than this would be child birth!!! Seriously, that is how horrible the pain is!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

mydove HB User
Re: VERY PAINFUL Sinus Infection

First some thoughts on pain... If it hurts the most when you try to sleep, maybe try adding extra pillows so your head is more elevated. I also got relief from a heating pad & using motrin (anti-inflammatory).

As for the mold, I also thought that might be worsening my problem. I also thought I was suddenly allergic to my 3 animals, dust, my down comforter, you name it. My sinus infection (right maxillary) lasted 7 months & did not respond to any treatment so I finally had surgery 3 weeks ago and all my symptoms ended. Based on my culture results, my sinus infection stemmed from an infected tooth (which I also had pulled). I'm still on antibiotics b/c the bacteria infected some bone but I feel great now. I'm off all allergy meds.

I truly hope you will find a successful treatment. Hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

charjakson HB User
Cool Re: VERY PAINFUL Sinus Infection

For the past week I have tried to sleep upright on my reclining chair in my living room, that is how horrible it has been. THANKFULLY, over the past 2 days I have been feeling better....the pain is still there but it is null in comparison to what it was before. I think I have determined what is causing the pain to be ongoing...I smoke marijuana and I have stopped smoking, which I truely think has helped. Anyway, thanks for your tips and info

Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
(female)

WinterBell HB User
Re: VERY PAINFUL Sinus Infection

So glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about the mj. I have tried to smoke up when I've had sinus infections in the past, and wow, it does not help. It irritates my nose so much more and causes my sinuses to become more inflamed that I have to stay away from it totally during those times. Very painful for me personally, too.

Closed Thread