It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

Lewis213 HB User
Unhappy Chronic Sinus Pressure

I'm desperate for help. I recently graduated law school and am living at my parent's house until my wedding in August. I've always had minor pet allergies but they seem to be getting worse the older I get. My parents have a dog and my allergies were awful. It's now being controlled by taking Allegra once a day and avoiding contact with the dog.

Even though my allergy symptoms are gone, I can very rarely breathe through my nose and it's constantly running! My snot is clear and very watery. Even though it runs, there is so much pressure and stuffiness and I can't blow it. Every now and then it will clear for no reason for an hour or so. I've had sinus infections before and this seems way beyond that. It's totally unlike the stuffy nose you have with allergies. Sometimes I feel so much pressure on the bridge of my nose that I squeeze it or wiggle it and you can HEAR and feel the pressure moving around. I've tried Sudafed and it's not doing anything. Please help me

Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Chronic Sinus Pressure

It sounds like you might need to supplement your treatment with a nasal decongestant. I'd be careful of any of the OTC ones though. There are some good generic prescriptions which work wonders.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
(male)

diamondstar HB User

I'm with you man. I can't seem to figure what is exactly wrong with me. I started having pressure about a year ago that turned out to be nasal polyps. I had those removed in AUG11, a balloon sinalplasty(i think that is what it is called) and tonsillectomy. While a do feel better and my nose is clear most days, I still have sinus pressure all over my head. I have no idea what it is or how to get over it.

I have had an MRI that was normal and as far as I know, nothing is showing up in blood tests(I've had 4 blood test and they didnt say anything about them)
I do have bad anxiety and stress as well as GERD so I don't know if that contributes. It is so frustrating to go from dr to dr spending co-pay after co-pay and still come home feeling bad and having to go to work feeling worse. Life sucks.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
(male)

ZHpike0478 HB User

1st, I would like to say how much I appreciate the support that a board like this offers. I too have had minor allergies (not enough to speak of) untill last March when, all at once, my sinuses became impacted after a seasonal cold. Since I am not used to being sick (I normally have an incredibly strong immune system), I didn't know what was going on. Instead of going to the doctor, like a nomal person, I decided to let it "blow over." It didn't. So, after about a week, I started having anxiety attacks. Again, since I'm not used to that kind of thing, I didn't know what was going on. I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to an ENT (who was a tool) who did an MRI of my brain and ears but didn't find anything. Come to find out, sinuses dont show on MRI's unless they are infected... Mine are not. Anyway, the point I was getting to is this: I replaced my Allegra with Allegra D about 5 days ago and it has made all the difference in the world. Also, I went gluten free. It sucks for the first 2 weeks (gluten withdrawal) but after that it's great. My brain fog is gone and my sinuses are slowly but surely decongesting. Also, I use a Netti Pot (after boiling the water and letting it cool down to a reasonable temp) every day. Just some thoughts. Also, if the infection is in your facial and "eyebrow" sinuses, your doc should prescribe you antibiotics for NO LESS THAN 2 weeks. The blood flow is very minimul in boney areas.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
(female)

Leslysan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis213 View Post
I'm desperate for help. I recently graduated law school and am living at my parent's house until my wedding in August. I've always had minor pet allergies but they seem to be getting worse the older I get. My parents have a dog and my allergies were awful. It's now being controlled by taking Allegra once a day and avoiding contact with the dog.

Even though my allergy symptoms are gone, I can very rarely breathe through my nose and it's constantly running! My snot is clear and very watery. Even though it runs, there is so much pressure and stuffiness and I can't blow it. Every now and then it will clear for no reason for an hour or so. I've had sinus infections before and this seems way beyond that. It's totally unlike the stuffy nose you have with allergies. Sometimes I feel so much pressure on the bridge of my nose that I squeeze it or wiggle it and you can HEAR and feel the pressure moving around. I've tried Sudafed and it's not doing anything. Please help me

Look up holistic/ natural remedies foe congestion, sinus, nasal stuffiness. You will be surprised at what there is out there to help you naturally. Feel better.

Closed Thread

Tags
allegra, allergies, pressure, sinus, sudafed