It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
(female)

Skyy 76 HB User
Sinusitis or misdiagnose?

I have suffered from many sinus infections/ear infection through my life, and also have allergies on and off all year round, which became worse since I moved to Texas.

A few weeks ago I started to think I was getting allergies, the pollen count is very high here and everyone I know with allergies was also having issues.

About a week ago, I thought I was coming down with a cold, 2 days of a horrible sore throat, then the sore throat ceased and my sinuses because super congested. I have never had such pressure in my sinuses before.

I spent 2 days of being unable to breathe at all through either side of my nose and I could not blow my nose or get rid of the pressure/mucus in there at all. The pressure in my cheeks/forehead and behind the eyes was terrible I thought my face was about to explode. When I was able to (and still now) blow my nose the mucus that comes out is clear, and sometimes has some blood.

I went to a walk in clinic on Friday night it was so bad there was no way I could wait to see my doctor on Monday. She diagnosed me with sinusitis. They gave me 2 shots one in each hip, one was a steroid (medrol) and other was antibiotic (lincocin and decadron).

The sinus pressure has eased slightly since then but I am still horrible stuffed up and unable to blow my nose. She sent me home with a 14 day cycle of clarithromycin and alahist dm syrup.

I am wondering however, because my mucus is clear and not yellow/green if this even is a sinus infection or if it might be allergies? I think I should be seeing SOME relief by now with all the meds they have given me?

I have been sleeping with a humidifier on every night because my sinus passages BURN so bad when it shifts from one side to the other, the one that is clear burns sooo bad.

I am just so miserable I am not sure what to do, wait it out another few days or call my ENT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread