It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
(female)

jzspin HB User
When is it time to go see a doctor/go to the ER

I'm only asking this question because I have no spare money right now, am in a lot of medical debt and have no health insurance ,otherwise I would have already seen a doctor about this. I cannot possibly afford it right now, but am really scared that the issue I'm having will become very severe (life threatening or do permanent damage) if it hasn't already.

These are the symptoms I've had for the past year or more:
-chronic plugged up right nostril. I have not been able to breathe properly through this nostril for a very long time.
-chronic mucus drainage from the right back side of my throat. I cough up some very nasty, thick phlegm each day and I always feel it coming from that right side of my sinus passageway. It makes my throat sore. Sometimes there is a small amount of blood in the mucus too and the rest of it is dark yellow or rusty colored.
- facial pain/sinus pressure, especially on that right side and around my eye.
-wake up in the morning feeling tired, achie and with headaches and face pain and sore throat.
-mild depressed feeling/feeling as though there is something very wrong going on.

Okay and along with those, here are the symptoms that have recently developed within the last 3 or 4 weeks.
-sudden vision changes-the right eye feels especially numb and weak and as though something is pushing on it. Cannot see properly/trouble focusing, darkening or greying of vision, sensitivity to light and almost seems as though I'm going cross-eyed. I woke up one day about 3 weeks ago and was suddenly able to see my nose in my field of vision. This has not gone away and seems to be slowly getting worse!
-mildly dizziness or slight feeling of vertigo nearly all of the time..mainly when I'm working/am on my feet.
-Severe head and face pain that lasts for a few seconds or minutes, then goes away or fades to a dull aching.
-Constant headache. I now have a dull aching headache all of the time.
-burning sensations on right side of head and face.

Should I go to a doctor or urgent care clinic regardless of my financial situation? Should I only worry if I become extremely sick with a with a fever/unable to function? I'm worried I'll lose my vision or the sinus infection could travel to my brain or something. I'm thinking this has got to be a fungal sinus infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
(male)

bel401 HB User
Re: When is it time to go see a doctor/go to the ER

Hello, I too was having similar symptoms it all started with just a regular stuffy nose im like ok no big deal, some benadryl should do the trick. Well that worstened to Really bad head pressure/pains, all through out my head not just my forehead, everywhere! My right eye began to feel like it was swollen and i would get burriness in the very corner and felt like i could see blackness around my eye. At points i couldnt breathe through one nostril, and still have it today around 1 month later. I still feel constant vertigo/dizzyness some times worst then other and i feel like just passing out or falling down. i began looking up my symptoms and would place them in a category which they didnt belong and thought i had something seriously wrong with me. eventually after 2 weeks of my head pressure and eye swelling and ear popping it went away, although i still have a hard time breathing through my nose but its no were near as bad as it was. I was taking sudafed and that seemed to help for me. But now i got nasel spray and take zyrtex D. IM sure you are going to be fine, try taking a hot shower and let the steam help out, that helped a little for me or try hot sauce lol. i know the feeling and it sucks! feeling as if you arent ganna get better is exactly how i felt! but if it persist ask family for help to go to the doctor to see what he says, or try over the counter drugs that are around $10! i hope you and me feel better!

Closed Thread