It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

srfchick02038 HB User
Sinuses are always clogged!!

for the past few years, i have had recurring sinus infections. At least 5-6 a year. I have gone to an ENT, and an Allergist, and the only allergy thagt was found was dust mites, and we fixed everything in my house for it. The ENT sent me for a CT scan, and it showed nothing!! The ENT who is one of the best that i know of, told me that i needed to go back to the allergist and my parents and I do not want to. I got another sinus infection about 2 weeks after my third and last with the particular one ENT appointment. I went to my pediatrician (i'm 16) and she is just as frustrated as us. She recommend me another ENT at TUFTS medical center in Boston, and we are probably going there. anyways, the whole point of this is to see if anyone else has gone through the same thing and if they had anything done about it. If anyone has had anything similar or has experienced exactly that i have please let me know!!! Thank You! I almost forgot to say that even when i'm not sick, i always have to cough, clear my throat, blow my nose, and it is always stuffed up! i also sleep with a humidifier on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Sinuses are always clogged!!

You might want to consider allergy shots, which the allergist could do.

Are you on antihistamine pills or any sort of nasal spray? Steroid or antihistamine nasal sprays can help a lot.

Or, it could be it's not an allergy but non-allergic rhinitis.

Have you tried rinsing your sinuses with saline? Many people swear by that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Sinuses are always clogged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfchick02038 View Post
for the past few years, i have had recurring sinus infections. At least 5-6 a year. I have gone to an ENT, and an Allergist, and the only allergy that was found was dust mites, and we fixed everything in my house for it.
I had gone through exactly the same type of sinus problems as you. Once I got that very first sinus infection it started a vicious, nasty cycle of one sinus infection after another. I think that my infections occurred within my nasal passages/turbinates and not within my sinus cavities, but I am not sure.

My sinus allergies always led to sinus infections, several times per year for decades! Many of those sinus infections would be my own fault, frequently from drinking too much beer on a weekend. My sinuses would swell up from the beer, and then the next morning I would wake up with closed, stuffy, nasty, uncomfortable sinuses. Then I would cross my fingers and hope it wouldn't lead to another damn sinus infection. Many times it wouldn't but when my sinuses were real bad in the morning, chances were that I was going to get another sinus infection.

Then, back to the ENT..... waiting long times in his waiting room, another antibiotic prescription, the long drive back home, and, at least $100 down the tubes!

Anyways...... it's now been over ten years since my last sinus infection, all the result of "dangerously" flooding my nasal areas with diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Chronic Sinus Infection misery GONE! Having to give my money to non-caring ENTs GONE! Long waits in ENT offices GONE!

I am now totally and eternally free of sinus infections, all as a result of my boneheaded, stupid, dangerous and risky flooding my sinuses with diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. I had no idea what I was doing. I knew nothing about the Eustachian Tube openings at the back of my throat. I knew nothing about the structure of the Sinus Cavities, or the Nasal Passages. I knew nothing about the effects of Peroxide if it actually did get into my Sinus Cavities. I was stupid. But..... fortunately I was also very lucky. It worked and I have been sinus infection cured for over ten years. No sinus irrigation. No sinus flooding. My nose behaves itself, and so do I! What a wonderful relief.

I am just posting this to show that chronic, recurring sinus infections can be cured. Whether or not someone, under the supervision of a medical professional, uses 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to cure their chronic sinus infection problems, or finds a totally different way, it is possible to cure this nasty, debilitating health problem.

I fully documented my experiences with sinusitis, nasal and sinus infection and using peroxide to permanently cure my chronic sinus infection problems in the following HealthBoards - Sinus Problems thread, named: Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare.

The direct link to the thread is:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139765

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread