It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

jhrtjk HB User
Maxillary sinus cyst and sinus pain - any non-surgical treatment, especially meds?

Does anybody know about any non-surgical treatments for sinus cysts, especially medications? I've read that steroids like Nasonex (mometasone) and Beconase (beclometasone) - in spray or oral form - are prescribed for nasal polyps, but I don't know if they work for cysts.

I have facial pain and I was diagnosed with having 2 cysts, one in each of the two maxillary sinuses. I have talked to multiple ENTs, and some of them said that my pain can't be due to cysts and that I shouldn't do anything about them. Other ENTs said that cysts could cause the pain and have advised to remove them.

Nobody recommended anything non-surgical. I am confused and don't want to hurry with the surgery, so I want to find out about medications and ask ENTs if these meds could work. I tried to do nasal irrigation but it doesn't seem to reduce the pain for me. Steam inhalation seems to give some temporary effect, though.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
(female)

daisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB User
Re: Maxillary sinus cyst and sinus pain - any non-surgical treatment, especially meds

You don't mention if you are having any symptoms of a sinus infection. Might it be a nerve pain, TMJ, dental issue or trigeminal pain? A dentist or neurologist might give you a different opinion.

In my case I had a terrible sinus infection and it looked like a maxillary cyst on the CT scan. I did have surgery and there was NO cyst found but it did cure my sinus infection.

Good luck to you in finding relief for your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread