It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
(male)

silen690 HB User
Question Blood during peroxide nasal flooding

first of all thanks to Machaon, if he or she still exists. The peroxide up the nose headstand at the very least saved me a trip to the doctor a couple weeks ago. I have been doing it every day for two weeks because I still see some dark yellow stuff occasionally, so I assume that means I do have some infection. But here are my questions for anyone who tried this:

I see blood every time. Is that bad? Machaon referenced that he continued until the blood stopped, but it has been two weeks. I might be hooked now though, because if i skip a day, i wake up with even darker mucus, meaning the infection got worse I think. It seems to really be the only thing that takes away a sore throat immediately, and stops my coughing, im just worried about the blood. The blood could be from being upside down, or blowing my nose too hard afterword too.

Doctors did xray my sinuses last year and said i definitely have an infection deep in there, but the only recommendation was a sinus surgery, which I will never succumb to!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Blood during peroxide nasal flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencomortis View Post
first of all thanks to Machaon, if he or she still exists. The peroxide up the nose headstand at the very least saved me a trip to the doctor a couple weeks ago.
Hi, silencomortis!

He or she does still exist.

Thanks for the great feedback. I was wondering if anyone, at all, was benefiting from peroxide nasal flooding, by getting some relief of nasty sinus problems and from spending less at the doctors!

As a reminder..... I am not a medical professional. Nor do I have any medical training or education. Peroxide nasal flooding should only be done under the supervision and approval of a medical professional.

Quote:
I have been doing it every day for two weeks because I still see some dark yellow stuff occasionally, so I assume that means I do have some infection.
The sinus flooding with peroxide successfully cured my decades battle against one sinus infection, after another, when I used it after a course of antibiotics first killed the infection. Peroxide, baking soda and salt will not kill most infections all by itself, IMHO.

In my case, the dark yellow stuff meant either a sinus infection or an allergic reaction.

Did you take a course of antibiotics prior to using the peroxide nasal flooding?

Quote:
I see blood every time. Is that bad? Machaon referenced that he continued until the blood stopped, but it has been two weeks.
An infection usually causes bloody injuries and wounds. In my case, I thought that the wounds were in my nasal passages. After antibiotics had killed my sinus/nasal infection, the bloody wounds were then exposed to immediate re-infection.

Think about it....... after the infection, there are open bloody wounds. If something does not protect the wounds in the moist nasal areas from re-infection, they will just become infected again, which is what happens to poor blokes like me, who just kept fighting sinus/nasal re-infections for DECADES!!

The peroxide nasal flooding does two major things. It protects the nasal bloody wounds from re-infection until they heal and are no longer prone to re-infection; and it helps to prevent any existing infection from spreading and causing misery in other areas of the sinuses and throat, etc.

Blood in the nasal discharge tells me that the sinus/nasal wounds and injuries may not have yet healed, possibly because the infection has not yet been killed. Or.... it could be the result of tiny broken blood vessels. Or.... It could be that you are using too strong a dose of Peroxide. How much do you dilute the peroxide?

Quote:
I might be hooked now though, because if i skip a day, i wake up with even darker mucus, meaning the infection got worse I think. It seems to really be the only thing that takes away a sore throat immediately, and stops my coughing, im just worried about the blood. The blood could be from being upside down, or blowing my nose too hard afterword too.
Others have told me that the sinus/nasal peroxide flooding has relieved all kinds of nasty symptoms, even when the flooding itself has not been completely successful.

I can't really explain why it seems to help so much at relieving other symptoms. I can only post what I think it did in my case, and why I think that it works. I really feel good that you are getting some relief from your sinus misery!

Quote:
Doctors did xray my sinuses last year and said i definitely have an infection deep in there, but the only recommendation was a sinus surgery, which I will never succumb to!

If they cannot kill the deep infection with antibiotics, then there is little that the sinus flooding can do, except to lessen the chances of the infection spreading. Plus, the peroxide sinus flooding can't help what it can't reach.

I had sinus surgery to remove an infected cyst and to straighten out a deviated septum. I wish I had known about the peroxide sinus flooding back then. I would never had had to get surgery!

How do you feel about the risks of getting the flooding into your Eustachian Tubes?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 05-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
(male)

silen690 HB User
Smile Re: Blood during peroxide nasal flooding

Thanks Machaon you're awesome! Yes, I tried the flooding INSTEAD of antibiotics first, but it just couldn't break thru the congested nostrils. AFter the antibiotics were thru, and I started seeing the return of more dark "matter" I tried flooding again. That's when I noticed it really help. Round after round of antibiotics have not cured me in over 2 years. The infection always comes back after they wear off.

I mimmicked your exact procedure with 50ml of water and 3ml of 3% peroxide. The first time it burned and i felt like i had a cold for 2 days just like everyone else. But since then it's been fine. Just scary to see the blood. I know when I'm on the verge of a relapse, and it's when I have dark mucous. So far I have just some yellow stuff every morning, so I hit it with the peroxide, cough out some blood, and go about my day.

No, i haven't had any problems with the liquid going in the wrong pipe.

So you are saying neither antibiotics, or peroxide flooding can cure the sinus infection? I believe the peroxide might be killing the infection, IF it can reach far enough past the congestion. The antibiotics just never do. Im gonna try to boost my ammune system a little with vegetable juicing since that has helped in the past. I'll also look into some natural antibiotics like oregano oil and raw garlic.

I'll post back in a couple weeks and hopefully either the yellow mucous or the blood have stopped, or both. Regardless, anything is better than the dark brown stuff, accompanied by wheezing, heavy coughing, fever, headache, and the sick days I normally experience! Two weeks and counting!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencomortis View Post
... So you are saying neither antibiotics, or peroxide flooding can cure the sinus infection?
From my understanding, antibiotics do not work well within the sinus cavities because the blood supply within sinus cavities is poor.

The blood supply to the nasal passages is much better, and thus antibiotics work better within the nasal passages than within the sinus cavities.

The peroxide nasal flooding works better within the nasal passages because they are easier to reach. Sinus cavities, like the maxillary sinuses would be very difficult for anything to get into and out from. The openings to the maxillaries are like an upside down V.

I would think that the peroxide would have a better chance to reach wounds within the ethmoid sinus cavities between the eyes, or wounds within the frontal sinus cavities above the eyes.

Quote:
I believe the peroxide might be killing the infection, IF it can reach far enough past the congestion.
I think that the peroxide might be able to kill a mild infection, but I don't really know. It sure does kill bacteria topically, but can it kill bacteria deeply embedded in nasal or sinus membranes???

The sinus flooding with peroxide, for me, was a miracle. I haven't had another sinus infection in over 10 years! I used to get several sinus infections each year. Buts..... I am only rationalizing how it cured my sinus infection misery by my experience with it. All I truly know is that it worked and my decades old sinus infection misery has been gone now for over 10 years!

Quote:
I'll post back in a couple weeks and hopefully either the yellow mucous or the blood have stopped, or both.
I wish you all the luck in the world, and will wait, hoping for some really good news from you in a couple of weeks!

Take care, good luck ........

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 05-30-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
(male)

silen690 HB User

Adam, I haven't experienced the white tongue, dryness, or bad breath either before, or after this "experimental procedure." I did however have very chapped lips after doing the flooding for a couple days.

I do know this much. X-rays showed that I had an infection deep in my sinuses. My doctor said nasal spray should help it drain. 2 years went by, and nasal spray did not stop my chronic sinus infections.

I am happy to report however, that it's been two months, and no sinus infections. I continued the peroxide flooding for about two weeks after my last post. The blood eventually stopped. The dark mucous eventually stopped. Twice I woke up with some yellow mucous, (after a night of heavy drinking, little sleep, and lots of ice cream (dairy exacerbates mucous build-up)) but all I had to do was one nasal flooding, and the yellow never came back.

Here's the trick tho. If you are too congested, the peroxide wont get into your sinuses far enough. For me, exercise, allergy medicine, and antibiotics helped clear my nose up. Once it was temporarily clear, I stood on my head and dumped the solution into my nose. You MUST feel it come out the other nostril. It feels like you are dumping it into your brain lol. You may sneeze, cough, and spit up a bunch of junk. It may make you stuffy for an entire day the first time. I believe that is because you have open wounds in your sinuses. I had lots of blood pour out for about 2 weeks. Then one day it stopped, and I've never felt better.

Thanks Machaon! I'll post back in a few months and let you know if I'm still cured. At the very least it gave me two amazing months!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silen690 View Post

2 years went by, and nasal spray did not stop my chronic sinus infections.

I am happy to report however, that it's been two months, and no sinus infections.
It would be great if you are able to stop getting sinus infections and at the same time avoid sinus surgery. Nice results, so far! Congratulations!

Quote:
I continued the peroxide flooding for about two weeks after my last post. The blood eventually stopped. The dark mucous eventually stopped.
You are the first person to feedback the same results that I experienced with the blood and dark mucous. I've seen a few successful feedbacks over the past 10+ years, but yours is the first regarding the blood. I don't get many feedbacks, so I don't have any idea just how many have benefited from the peroxide sinus flooding. Twas nice to read your comments!

Quote:
Twice I woke up with some yellow mucous, (after a night of heavy drinking, little sleep, and lots of ice cream (dairy exacerbates mucous build-up)) but all I had to do was one nasal flooding, and the yellow never came back.
That's a good sign! Before my sinuses were healed, via the peroxide sinus floodings, a pitcher or two of ice cold beer would result in morning sinuses swollen shut with a significant buildup of thick, discolored mucous, leading most times to a sinus infection.

Quote:
I believe that is because you have open wounds in your sinuses. I had lots of blood pour out for about 2 weeks. Then one day it stopped, and I've never felt better.
I also believe that it is the "open wounds" in the sinuses that results in repeated sinus infections. Until those wounds are healed and healthy, they will be forever the target of opportunistic, infectious bacteria. Sinus flooding with peroxide protects those wounds from re-infection until they are healed. Once healed and healthy, discolored, ugly, thick mucous and blood are much less present in sinus discharge; and once healed there is less reason to have to do any more sinus floodings.

Quote:
Thanks Machaon! I'll post back in a few months and let you know if I'm still cured. At the very least it gave me two amazing months!
Wonderful news! You have made my day! I was up most of the last two nights due to problems with my failed heart. I am really dragging this morning. Your positive feedback has really made me feel better. Thanks!

Here's hoping that you get the same great, "no sinus infection" results that I've gotten over the past 10+ years. I'll be looking forward to your next feedback, and hoping for the best.

Take care, good luck!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 07-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
(male)

danh HB User

thanks,

Last 10 years I also had sinusitis (sore throat , mucus, congesting nose, eye sore...) but what I did is I stopped using all meds and just lifted weights (barbell on seat) everyday which I increased the weights gradually. And the result is now I never had sinusitis again for 10 years. (10 years meds free...)

And here is a brief of my case:
- 10 years ago, I had never had allergies but had sinusitis (inflammation, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose...) because my immune system was very weak.
- Using all meds & sprays without positive result, those symptoms still reoccured every several weeks.
- Disliking meds, I changed to lift weights (fitness) anytime I got sick ; and the result is my immune system go up like crazy (i.e, I never got sinusitis , cold or fever until now for almost 10 years without meds)
- But I think there was a trade-off, one year after my lifting weight treatment I got severe allergies (to cat's fur, pollen and ... which I have never had before) because my immune system became too strong and sensitive. It killed all foreigners entering my body but at the same time over-reacted to allergic stuffs.
- When I got allergies , I got very stuffy nose and I had to breath by mouth 24/7 so the allergic doctor had no choice but to do the septoplasty(nasal septum deviated surgery) .
- After that I could breathe freely by my nose again. But the bad thing is it left me with some complications:
I had post nasal drip all the times (24/7) and I had to either spit out or swallow this dripping thing all the time.
I think this post ndrip is absolutely from the allergies since septoplasty will not cure your allergies as some docs have said.
It is such an irritation to live with especially when I always felt there is something lumpy in my throat.
- But most terrible at all is one year ago I found out that I had bad breath . But I don't know the cause so I do some research and find out that a lot of people having post nasal drip and bad breath at the same time
- The conclusion is I had no choice but had to do the surgery and surgery + allergies will cause an irritation constantly ( I don't know whether there was something wrong in the surgery procedure or not since I couldn't meet this surgical doctor again)

I don't know whether lifting weight is a factor leading to my allergy or not since in my case there are 2 things happened : 1) The time I got allergy is 1.5 years after I moved to California where there are a lot of pollen 2) The time I got allergy is 1 year after I lifted weight . So I don't know what is the real cause of my allergy but I think both of the above factors are

Best wishes

Reply Reply