It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
(male)

Jorda75 HB User
Question Sinus Pain, TMJ and medication

I've been suffering from pain in my jaw, cheekbones, temples and a few other spots (less common than the top 3) as well as pain in the roots of my teeth on the same side as the jaw pain for about a month now.

I recently saw an intern doctor who suggested that the pain may be caused by TMJ, and that sounds like a likely answer, but when I mentioned I had originally thought it was sinus pain (though it rarely spread to under my eyes and other common area of sinus pain) she didn't seem to think it was a strong factor. I do have a strong clicking sound when I move my lower jaw left and right and I have discovered that I do seem to grind my teeth at times.

However I have found by far the fastest and most effective method of relieving the pain is sinus medication. While 24 hour sinus meds only seem to work for a few hours at most, shorter acting medication has removed all the pain within 10-15 minutes, much faster than either Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

I'm going in to hopefully get a bite plate from my dentist tomorrow, and hopefully that will work, but my current theory is that it's a combination, sinus swelling that would normally be merely annoying or even unnoticed is being compounded by the grinding of my teeth and locking of my jaw. Is this a common thing or a possible answer to why I've having such intense facial pain? At the start of this message I took a Zyrtec for sinus pain and allergies, a fairly intense head ache in my temple and upper left jaw bone has now disappeared to all but a light sensation of pressure. Can anyone verify if my theory of being both might be correct or is there simply something in the sinus medication that is taking away the pain? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jordan F

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread