It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

psyadam1 HB User
chronic sinusitis and ear crackling

Hello all, my name is Adam. I've been suffering with trouble breathing, excessive mucus (it feels like I am congested with mucus all the time), and especially nasal congestion for about 3 years. I just had endoscopic surgery, as well as having my tonsils removed. My throat has healed up fine, however, even though they found quite a few polyps, had them removed, the last time I saw the doctor he said everything looked clear, and that he wouldn't prescribe antibiotics because everything looked clear. When I asked why I still had trouble breathing and feeling congested, he said "I don't know". I have called the agency that referred me to this doctor to let them know that I don't think this is a good doctor, but they just said they don't allow for second opinions. I saw another doctor and he said he would order a CT scan if I had insurance but sadly I don't. But anyway, in the mean time, I'm trying to do everything that I know for sinus congestion:

- Rinsing twice a day
- Eating healthy (try to eat fruit once a day and also vegetables)
- Using steroid nasal spray once a day
- Using a humidifier and air filtrator
- Taking regular walks
- taking B vitamins, fenugreek, digestive enzymes

The worst part is now I've got crackling in my right ear. I read in the ear section of this forum that it could be related to my sinusitis. I don't want to go back to that same ENT doctor--last time I told him I had crackling in my ear he basically said that nothing could be done and charged me 40$ to tell me that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Adam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: chronic sinusitis and ear crackling

Adam-

It could be as simple as allergies - which would definitely cause congestion amd difficulty breathing, it could also be a form of acid reflux called LPR (laryngopharymgeal reflux) that can present without heartburn and cause sinus inflammation and asthma-like symptoms.

Allergies are fairly easy to manage with over-the-counter meds like Claritin and Zyrtec, so you might try that first to see if a daily antihistamine helps those symptoms.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
(male)

psyadam1 HB User
Re: chronic sinusitis and ear crackling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsjr View Post
Adam-

It could be as simple as allergies - which would definitely cause congestion amd difficulty breathing, it could also be a form of acid reflux called LPR (laryngopharymgeal reflux) that can present without heartburn and cause sinus inflammation and asthma-like symptoms.

Allergies are fairly easy to manage with over-the-counter meds like Claritin and Zyrtec, so you might try that first to see if a daily antihistamine helps those symptoms.
I've been dealing with chronic sinusitis for years now. A few years ago (maybe 2 years) I saw an allergist to see if it could be allergies and they tested me for about 28 different common allergens in my area (Seattle) and it came back that I wasn't allergic to any of the things that they tested me for.

Closed Thread