It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
(male)

boselecta HB User
Chronic post nasal drip exacerbated by water and food?

Hi there,

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with me but for going on three months I've had chronic post nasal drip which is usually greatly aggravated when I eat food but also when I drink practically anything, including water.

I also have this weird mechanical malfunction that makes me Larynx (I suppose) catch on the upper part of my esophagus from time to time and grind against it in a weird clicky/catchy way. This seems to be more the case after drinking tea or something astringent like vinegar.

Speaking of which I had some apple cider vinegar the other day and it made my throat go mental. It burned all day and began 'clicking' wildly for a period afterwards. I also had excessive throat clearing during that period.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Chronic post nasal drip exacerbated by water and food?

Your symptoms are very characteristic of acid reflux - specifically a type of acid reflux called LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux) that can cause post-nasal drip, chronic throat clearing and a variety of other symptoms (including sinusitis).

Your best bet would be to get on a regimen of acid-reducing medications (PPIs like PrilosecOTC or H2 agonists like Zantac) that will help reduce the amount of acid in your stomach.

You may also want to look into the non-medical ways of improving symptoms of GERD by changing your diet, raising the head of your bed, etc.

It takes time for the symptoms to recede but over time your post nasal drip should improve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread