It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

leyash HB User
Is this sinuses?

For two weeks or so now, I have had some vertigo/dizziness. It starts a little bit after I get up, and lasts until I go to bed. When I am laying down, I don't feel it. It's not horrible, doesn't affect driving or walking... just a weird feeling, like my brain is slower than my head in movement.

Other symptoms:
Ears pop every single time I yawn or swallow.
Pain when I move my eyes to corners (mostly in left eye).
Pressure in face.
Feeling my heartbeat in my head (or ears, mostly - from pressure, I'm assuming?)
LOTS of drainage down the back of my throat.
Funky taste in my mouth.

This has been about two weeks running... no fever, but sometimes I get to where I don't feel good, and feel pretty run down. No insurance, don't want to go to the doctor unless it's necessary.

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by leyash; 07-04-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

leyash HB User
Re: Is this sinuses?

Almost 200 views and no replies? Dang.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

Lots of views and few replies is normal. The drainage, funky taste, ears popping and pressure in the face is all consistent with sinus inflammation. The dizziness/vertigo could also be related because the sinuses touch and impose on lots of areas in the face and head.

Bacterial infections can cause this, but the only way to get rid of that is with antibiotics (i.e., a doc visit). Using saline sprays at least twice/day can help but by itself won't get rid of bacteria.

M.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
(female)

leyash HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
Lots of views and few replies is normal. The drainage, funky taste, ears popping and pressure in the face is all consistent with sinus inflammation. The dizziness/vertigo could also be related because the sinuses touch and impose on lots of areas in the face and head.

Bacterial infections can cause this, but the only way to get rid of that is with antibiotics (i.e., a doc visit). Using saline sprays at least twice/day can help but by itself won't get rid of bacteria.

M.
Thanks! I am going to let it ride a few more days, now that I am actually seeing stuff come out (green mucous, etc.) and if it doesn't go away, will go to the doctor to get antibiotics. I hate them. Dangit.

Closed Thread