It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

swift2 HB User
sinus symtoms

Hi

im 28 f and for the last month i got sinus infections twice. is left sided chest pain related to sinus as i have had this for about 5 yrs sharp short pains that last about 20 sec.when i laught im wheezy and that sometimes brings on a deep congested cough. i have being wheezying for about 5 yrs with the on/offf chest pain but it is only now i have the sinus. i sometimes have to take a few deep breaths as i feel i am not getting enought air in to my lungs. i would like to know if these are all sinus symtoms or something else. hope you guys can help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: sinus symtoms

It's pretty unlikely that your being wheezy has anything to do with your sinuses. In all likelihood you're experiencing symptoms related to very mild asthma or acid reflux (which can mimic symptoms of asthma).

Asthma is serious enough that you should probably see a doctor to rule it out as a possible cause of your wheezing because it can worsen and cause more serious problems. Acid reflux is more manageable on your own with over-the-counter medications like Losec but it can take time to see improvement.

It is possible that you have some type of allergic condition that is contributing both to the wheezing and the sinus issues, but again you'd need to see a doctor to sort that out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
(female)

swift2 HB User
Re: sinus symtoms

Hi thanks for your post. i did go to my GP in 09and he said everything was fine except that i do have anxiety and stress. it can be really embarrassing when i laught in front of people because they would hear me wheezying and probably think im a really heavy smoker. i notice too that when i am going for a walk that my voice changes gets hoarse kind of. the chest pain are getting a bit more regular now then before. i don't really want to go to my GP because he'll say everything is fine and i would be wasting his time.

Closed Thread